What's new

My EAR keeps dialing !

There's a proximity sensor which is supposed to disable the touch screen while you have the phone to your ear. Apparently it's not working correctly. As you're looking at the screen it's just to the left of the ear speaker at the top. On a black phone it's very difficult to see.

You won't see it clearly buy its there. It's by the camera and ear speaker.

To test this mane a phone call, when it starts calling ace your thumb over the front facing camera and ear speaker. If the screen turns off, the proximity sensor is working, of it does not, then you have a defected proximity sensor.

There are some cases and screen protectors that can interfere with the proximity sensor. Also, if you make the call on "speaker", that turns the proximity sensor off. Test it like Bill suggested.

It's also happening to me ever since upgrading to ios7.

I think there is a bug

If its happening to other people since iOS 7, then there is probably a bug within iOS 7 that effects the way the Phone.app uses the proximity sensor.

If this problem is caused by a bug in iOS 7, it doesn't affect all users. I've been on iOS 7 since June and haven't experienced this problem at all.

Could have something to do with restoring an iOS 6 backup when updating to iOS 7(if iOS 7 Phone.app handles phones calls differently). But then this would most likely have to happen to every user who used an iOS 6 backup when updating to iOS 7. Or an iOS 5 backup for that matter. Just a guess.