What's new

MOD: 8mp camera in iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

shocky13

Reaction score
Hi, this is much like my other thread about the A5 chip. I was wondering if it was possible to put a 4S's 8mp camera into my iPhone 4. Is there any software issues, and will this even fit? Thanks.

What's really confusing is that you can't upgrade to a 4S....but you have access to a 4S to break it down and put it in a 4. This would kinda be like getting a new PC and taking the parts out to put in an old PC. Just....curious.

I'm going to buy an 8mp replacement camera for a 4S, not take one apart.

All this money you are trying to spend on a damn 4s replacement camera and a5 chip is rediculous why don't you just save and buy a 4s.

I doubt this would work. Even if it did, the software probably wouldn't be able to take full advantage of the camera anyway since the software is programmed to only shoot in 5mp resolution.

What's really confusing is that you can't upgrade to a 4S....but you have access to a 4S to break it down and put it in a 4. This would kinda be like getting a new PC and taking the parts out to put in an old PC. Just....curious.

It would be precisely like doing that.

Buying an iPhone4S is the easier and financially smarter move.

Jmills87 said:
I doubt this would work. Even if it did, the software probably wouldn't be able to take full advantage of the camera anyway since the software is programmed to only shoot in 5mp resolution.

Thank you.

maybe it is possible... if you can edit the ispw file for the 4 and obtain the necessary files from the 4s.. then recompile the ispw.. might have a working shot here.. its just me thinking... i had that thought about porting siri like that lol

Why the bashing guys? If he wants to do it then let him do it. There's nothing wrong with experimenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.