What's new

MOD: A5 In Iphone 4

shocky13

Reaction score
Hey, I am an avid iPhone kind of person, have owned all the previous iPhones, and now I want to mod. My iPhone 4 has been running kind of slow lately, so I want to try to put an iPhone 4S's A5 processor into my iPhone 4. I already have to take my phone apart to put on my new orange front, so that's not a problem. I was just wondering if it is even possible to change out the processor without losing any data, and if the A5 would fit into the old A4's spot. Thanks.

Honestly... I think it's safe to say no. I'm not a tech guy, but that seems a bit far fetched.

Thanks, I just need to know if the A5 is the same size as the A4, if it has the same amount of connectors, and if I can switch them without losing data.

No way. Even if the processors are of the same sizes which are only the hardware parts, the software part will never work out. Factory information present in the A4 is designed to work with an iPhone motherboard, when you load in the A5, the factory info in it will not match the iPhone 4 motherboard. Now why can't you just buy a new iPhone 4s and sell your old iPhone 4? as for your data, you can back them up using iTunes, or better using your computer, after purchasing your new iPhone 4s, just restore your backup files and you are set.

Ok, thanks. Good to know this before I go around switching things out. I can't get a 4S for a while...this is why I hate contracts...

because it is a mod. as in modification. its easier for people to visually see when looking thru recent threads

Yep. I hope this thread helps anyone else who wants to attempt something random like this...

SweetPoison said:
Why do you put MOD in your thread titles?

So that it catches people's eye, I don't know, I just figured it would help.

So that it catches people's eye, I don't know, I just figured it would help.

Why not go to Samsung and ask them? I'm sure they would know better. The Mod you want to implement is pretty drastic. Have you priced out the A5 chip?

Where would you even get one!

This has to be a joke come to think of it!

Last edited:
Dude, i wanted to do the same thing...ill do a lot more research and ill ask my cousin he works at Apple, if i find anything out ill let ya know!!