What's new

Missing GB in Itunes

carbrad

Reaction score
Purchased 32GB Verizon 4. Why does Itunes only show 29.06 in memory and what is the yellow bar that says other. Other contains .49GB and I have no idea what that is. So I am missing 3GB of storage. Is that the amount of space the IOS takes up???

I've never seen a hard drive show the total amount of free space equal to the capacity of the hard drive itself. There's always secret little files and operating system stuff that takes some of the capacity. I think the question at hand is with 32gb how many songs can you cram in there? I'm a 14gb, and presently 315 songs are taking a little under 2gb. well, that would mean theoretically I could load 1500+ songs into the sucker. Yeah, who needs radio????

Purchased 32GB Verizon 4. Why does Itunes only show 29.06 in memory and what is the yellow bar that says other. Other contains .49GB and I have no idea what that is. So I am missing 3GB of storage. Is that the amount of space the IOS takes up???

Unfortunately that is always the case, you buy 32 GB and end up with 30 or you buy 16 GB and end up with 14. I think the reason is that the motherboard is not always made right upto the capabilities and then the iOS eats some of the memory and last but not the least there are some unknown apps that will take up some space...

Just like any computers hard drive..the system's OS needs allocated space for system functions as well as a Swap File.
Same holds true with any smart phone!