What's new

How to recover memories is used by "other".

bab2010

Reaction score
When i connect my phone to my computer, iTunes read out that "other" yellow memory is taking 4.3+GB of memories out of 16GB in my phone. I have no idea what could this "other" be. Anyone have a clue and how to reclaim those percious memories from "other"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes my phone is jailbroken. But even so that "other" yellow memory was mentioning some thing like 70mb after jailbreak and i always though that it was my personal documents and other very light pictures that i loaded to the phone. Yesterday after connecting it to iTunes, it read 4+GB taken by "other" and there is nothing in cydia i could download that could be such big for been apps or tweaks. Any idea?

if you ssh into you phone there is data you can delete, that "other" is from cydia.

What data should i delete? Yes i can ssh into my phone anytime.

i forgot the data in from cydia that can be erased i have that info at home, try clears you cache and cookies from safari, i forgot that clears up memory too.

I've done that at the first time clearing up safari. But that wasn't it. There have to be something in the device taking up all that memory, i even removed all install applications, all all all including songs, soft reset the phone and connect it itunes reinstall all apps again and sync songs and now it reading 2.8gb taking by "others" please see it in the picture.
d812cbed-6f30-6649.jpg

let me get home and i will have a better answer for you. i had that problem on a 3g i had and took care of it with some steps i found, will keep you posted

let me get home and i will have a better answer for you. i had that problem on a 3g i had and took care of it with some steps i found, will keep you posted

Alright then, and thanks for your inputs.

no problem, we will take care of that, and we will have the info for future iphoner's with the same problem.

Yeah sure... I believe many are having the same issues, but they've never paid attention to that. I my self i've never paid any attention to "other" memory until yesterday when my phone pup up a notification say that my phone is runing out of spaces and that i had to delete some pictures or videos. I was knocked out. When i google about it, many advice to fresh restore and then jailbreak, and that's exactely what i don't want to do.

That doesn't help. I did that trik yesterday night, it wiped nothing at all. I had to remove a kind of i don't know where it came from 4 differents folders from cydia each one of them was 600mb ~ 700mb. My jailbreak is working fine, cydia and all tweaks and apps from cydia are fine. After removing all those folders from cydia directory, iTunes still read 68mb of memory used by "others" do u know any other way to claim out those 68mb???