What's new

Memory Problem{HELP}

stumblane

Reaction score
Hi every 1.
i have a 16Gb iphone 4 Factory unlock and it's jailbreaked but now there is a memory problem when i connect my phone to itune it says 7.9 Gb in use
2.5Gb is used by Apps and 5.4 is used by others (yellow Bar)and there is no songs or any other data then some Apps.
do any 1 know What this is all about.
Plz Help
Thx.

Usually the "others" are app data and jailbreak data database files, contacts information, settings, SMS data, core data, pre-installed apps, etc.

From what I've experienced over the years... sometimes the "Other" section will simply get gummed up w/ "STUFF." What it is... who knows. One thing is certain though... when the physical memory of your iDevice starts topping off it WILL slow it's processing speed down substantially. The only true way to remedy the large "Other" problem is a fresh restore as a NEW DEVICE... not from a backup. Restoring from a backup will only bring back the issues that were in place before. Make sure you have your contacts manually synced w/ iTunes... same w/ your pics, notes, calanders, etc. Once you restore as a NEW DEVICE everything will be gone.

May be time to have a spring clean !

Look at tweaks you rarely use.

Facebook is a hog too !