What's new

Microfiber Cloth Help?

Tube Screamer

New Member
Dec 30, 2014
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone might be able to help me locate some microfiber cloth which I am trying to track down.

I have just received an iPhone 6 Plus for Christmas and wanted something to keep just for wiping fingerprints from the screen, and generally wiping the phone down when necessary.

The cloth I am looking for is of a particular type of microfiber. I currently have one of them, but I wanted to try and get some more, as I use it for so many things that I wanted to get one to keep just for the iPhone.

I obtained the cloth in question along with a Sony PSP some years back, and it is without doubt the best type I have ever used. It measures approximately 5x5 inches and has an unusual velvety type feel, but ultimately, is so extremely soft, it literally will not mark even the softest of plastics, even if scrubbed hard. I use it for watch crystals, jewellery, expensive camera lenses (it's excellent with a drop of lens fluid applied), and I wanted to try and get some more so that I could keep a piece dedicated just for the new iPhone.

Although it may look similar, it is not the same, more satin feeling cloth which is supplied with eye glasses.. it is far softer than that, and is also far more efficient at removing marks and fingerprints.

I've attached a couple of images to show the cloth in question:

As you can see, it is not the 'towel' type microfiber cloth which is commonly available everywhere, it leaves no stray hairs as that stuff does, and it has a lot of 'drag' as you wipe it across a smooth surface, effortlessly removing fingerprints without any risk of scratching what so ever. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone.

The problem is, I just don't know where to purchase them from now.. or even what it is actually called. As I said, I got it along with the Sony PSP some years back, and I do know that it also came supplied with certain accessories too, as I did have another at some point, which I unfortunately misplaced.

I was just hoping that someone might either know exactly what this cloth is actually called so that I can try and locate some, or maybe suggest where I could purchase some from?

Any help would be very much appreciated