What's new

Clothing Retailers May Be Planning Larger Pockets to Fit iPhone 6 Plus

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iPhone-6-in-womens-jeans-pocket-1.jpg

How do you know when a company is really making a huge impact on everyone's lives? The answer is: when clothing retailers start thinking about changing their products based upon yours.

Apple may soon find themselves in this enviable position. According to several reports, several clothing retailers including J.Crew, Levi’s, L.L. Bean and others, are considering revamping some of their pants. Their plan is to include a larger pocket for the express purpose of accommodating the new iPhone 6 Plus. For the most part, this will apply to women's garments, since most mens pockets can more easily fit the new phablet-sized device.

An American Eagle spokesperson said, “Currently our men’s pockets already accommodate the larger phones including the iPhone 6 [and 6 plus]. Women’s is still being evaluated.”

To be clear, even though many of these designers are only just now thinking about this shift, thanks to the arrival of the iPhone 6, not all designers were only inspired by the iPhone 6 Plus. Lee Jeans designer, Whitney Neary, shared that his company was already thinking about the change before the iPhone 6 Plus was announced.

He said, “It’s something that we always are considering, in terms of the functionality of our garments. Of course, we’re always going to make sure that we’re going for something that’s flattering for the consumer … but we’re always thinking about how she wears the garment, what occasion she’s wearing the jeans for and what she needs to just make them work for her everyday life.”

What do you think? Is the "sign of the times." Will we start seeing big, floppy pockets on the front of pants now?

Source: NYPost

Since I had my HTC One Maxx I have been checking pocket depth on every piece of clothing I buy. Even before that as I keep a ton of stuff in my pockets.... so this makes good sense. If I felt shallow pockets, I moved onto a different piece of clothing that would work for me.

The article makes it seem like Apple is the only one that has the large screen. Then again they were the last ones to do it so I guess they figured they aren't many small phones now