What's new

iPhone 6 vs. 6 Plus - What To Go With?

MatthiasV

Reaction score
So I played with an iPhone 6 all weekend and it is hands down the greatest smartphone Iā€™ve ever seen. Iā€™m giddy about it, really. I havenā€™t been this giddy for an iPhone since 2007ā€™s 1st generation. This phone is 100% perfect in every way. Itā€™s smooth, itā€™s sexy, itā€™s fast, the screen real estate is wonderful. The shape, the lookā€¦ itā€™s all 100% perfect. Married and built for iOS 8 only makes it the greatest device ever. I have written a lot about Apple products, and for the first time ever I cannot find a flaw in the new iPhone 6.

As for me personally, I ordered an iPhone 6 Plus. Why? Iā€™m coming from a 3.5ā€ screen which is flat out ā€˜oldā€™ now. ALL smart phones are 4ā€ +, and I feel my old phone is really showing its age. Also, I travel a lot for work nowadays and I am finding myself using my iPhone (and iPad) all the time. So after seeing a mock up of the 6 Plus compared to the 6, no decision was bad - in my opinion. Soā€¦ I will get the bigger one! Kinda like buying a TV. Get the bigger one.

I also just saw a 6 Plus in person and I am so happy I went with it. Itā€™s big, but itā€™s not obnoxious like the comparable Android phones. Thatā€™s not a dig at ā€˜Androidā€™, as that is software - itā€™s a dig at any and all non-Apple phones that are in the 5.5ā€ hardware category. Software be damned, hardware is hardware. The new 6 Plus is brilliant, itā€™s as sexy as the 6, feels as thin, the weight ratio is perfect, and the screen is beautiful. And, going against one of my biggest fears - it fit in my jeans pocket just fine. It was amazing.

The phone married with the iOS 8 landscape feature is brilliant, and only the 6 Plus offers that. Iā€™ve always wanted to use my iPhone in landscape at times, (itā€™s logical if you are coming from an app thatā€™s in landscape). The camera is better, and watching video on the 6 Plus is ā€˜finallyā€™ what itā€™s all about. It feels like watching video magically in your hand. Again not since the first iPhone have I been giddy about an iPhone as a technology. Itā€™s flat out brilliant. As soon as it was in my hands I smiled ear-to-ear. A couple of other praises? Sure. If you have bigger hands youā€™ll love the iPhone 6 Plus. If you want to SEE everything on your screen and then some, youā€™ll love the iPhone 6 Plus. I donā€™t have to strain at viewing something or wish my screen was ā€˜just a bit biggerā€™.

Itā€™s big, but not obnoxious. Itā€™s sexy.

Bottom line, in choosing between the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, you can't go wrong.

Admin edit: Removed link to blog. Please read our rules. Thanks.

I agree with the phone being a great phone. I won't go so far as to say it's the best ever, but I am very happy. I do see myself using it for the next 2 years. This is the first phone in a long time that I can say that about. As for the size, I pre-ordered a 6 plus, but I found it to big. I ended up canceling my pre-order and going with the 6. Love the smaller overall size. And since I carry an iPad, I have no use for a phablet.