What's new

Maps has turn-by-turn voice navigation? Where?

SJ2571

Reaction score
I own a 4S and upgraded to iOS6, but the new Maps sure as heck doesn't give turn-by-turn navigation, nor speak to me at all. Is there some way I'm supposed to enable these somewhere? It calcs the route for me, and shows the green "signs", but they don't update, even though the blue dot is moving on the road map as I drive. And no voices at all. Basically useless.

The volume of the app may be down, go to YouTube and check the volume. As for it not tracking you location, not heard of that until now.

This is what mine looks like during turn by turn. $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349449942.018288.jpg

Hi all, yes, volume is up and voice is turned on. Should've mentioned that originally (sorry). Maybe it just doesn't work for Australians. Also, it's a shame that the green "signs" don't change the distance shown on them as you get closer.

Hi all, yes, volume is up and voice is turned on. Should've mentioned that originally (sorry). Maybe it just doesn't work for Australians. Also, it's a shame that the green "signs" don't change the distance shown on them as you get closer.

If I remember correctly, I don't think turn by turn is available in Australia yet. I could be wrong but I recall seeing it somewhere that said it wasn't!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly, I don't think turn by turn is available in Australia yet. I could be wrong but I recall seeing it somewhere that said it wasn't!
Ah, that would explain it! Thanks; thought I was going crazy!

Turn by turn is basically a Siri function, and any device with iOS 6 and Siri will have turn by turn navigation.

Yes, but Australia doesn't have it yet. Apparently it comes sometime this month... not sure how I will know, unless I just keep trying every day.