What's new

Making Message app Better

kingnba6

Reaction score
how do you guys make it better? moreso what app from cydia do you install. like for example bitesms or sms+, i currently use sms+. i am looking for a new app if there is a better one.

might be stupid but is bitesms a separate app? sms+ is only an addition to the native messaging app

I use BiteSMS, does everything I need :)
+1... and yes BiteSMS is a additional app. There is, however, a setting in BiteSMS to make the app look like the native SMS app. Then you can just hide the native app using SBSettings or Poof. I leave the native SMS app & BiteSMS together on the 1st page of my springboard... for Semi-tether reasons.

BiteSMS has its own app, but the main functionality integrates into the default SMS app. You'll get quick reply popups for any SMS and it will show up in both the SMS app and the BiteSMS app. If you have an SMS limit you can hold the send button to turn it to pink which will use wifi to send your SMS through BiteSMS

never knew about that text over wifi feature. but how does that work? bitesms gives you your own number or it sends it thru wifi with the phones number?

yeah ive been using sms+ and it does everything for me. im sticking to it

Jmills87 said:
I don't know, I have unlimited texting so I've never sent an SMS through BiteSMS service :p

BiteSMS does not send SMS over wifi.lol

I have no idea where you came up with that. When you press and hold the send button it switches to biteSMS network ( and if you did not buy biteSMS text then
It will send through your carriers.)

In no way does biteSMS send messages over wifi. Except if it is using the iMessage feature. And that only works from idevice To idevice. Maybe check out the biteSMS forum and learn a little more about it. I'm a member myself. It's nice.
But in my opinion. Nothing beats biteSMS. Other packages have similar features but bite had all that plus it looks so much nicer than all the rest ( I tried all of them , including SMS+, nothing beats bite).

you can replace you're normal SMS app completely. It's basically the same app. One is customizable the other isn't.

You can change the icon to normal message app in settings of biteSMS. Can also choose to hide the messaging app.

That way it feels completely native.

Go for biteSMS. You won't regret it.

Last edited:
My bad, like I said I never used it myself since I have unlimited text, I figured there would be a charge or something using their service.

My bad, like I said I never used it myself since I have unlimited text, I figured there would be a charge or something using their service.
There is a charge using the BiteSMS service. You have to purchase Credits or something to that fact. I, too, have unlimited texting and don't have to mess w/ using the BiteSMS stuff.