What's new

Looks Like siri could have been brought to the iPhone 4 but Apple chose not to give

chubaka

Reaction score
I just downloaded google's search app for ios and it works perfectly on the iphone 4. I can ask it any question i want just like i could siri on my iPad. It even appears to be more responsive than siri actually. Now I don't have to worry about pulling over when conducting a search. I can search more safely while moving.

Last edited:
Well that's Google, not Apple. Siri's an Apple product. If you're using the Google mic search function, that's through and by Google directly.

But you have to look at the phone to launch the app, then speak, then look at the results... all while doing 50 mph or whatever. Speaking on a hands-free headset is a totally different thing. Drive safe.

But you have to look at the phone to launch the app, then speak, then look at the results... all while doing 50 mph or whatever. Speaking on a hands-free headset is a totally different thing. Drive safe.

lol,

I knew that was coming after i posted that. I try. I have full coverage insurance though.

Sorry I got all moral on you; I know I'm not your dad. Your comments just shocked me, that's all.

No worries, I do understand where you are coming from with that, and honestly, thinking about it, I need to put a stop to it. Thank you for pointing g it out.

Well, there is a bigger reason Apple did not bring Siri to the iPhone 4. The hardware found in the iPhone 4 would suffice for Siri but it was not built for it, like the iPhone 4s. There are of course many ways to get siri with a jailbroken device though. The iPhone 4s has a better processor which can handle all the programs and Siri at the same time without burning the battery out in 2-3 hours. The iPhone 4 on the other hand has to devote the entire processor to one function it seems. If you have Siri installed on an iPhone 4 try running multiple apps and switching between them. Most of the apps will be forced to close themselves because the processor can't handle it. The iPhone 4s on the other hand can manage all these programs and Siri at the same time. Hardware plays a big part in what phones can manage. It's not all software.

I see, very interesting. I had the opportunity to purchase the 4s, however, at the sprint store, they told me biggest difference between the two was the camera. In my opinion, turns out not to be the case. Since them I have upgraded to the i5. Thanks for the info.

chubaka said:
I see, very interesting. I had the opportunity to purchase the 4s, however, at the sprint store, they told me biggest difference between the two was the camera. In my opinion, turns out not to be the case. Since them I have upgraded to the i5. Thanks for the info.

In the end you really rarely end up using Siri. So I basically only like my 4s because of the A5 chip vs the iPhone 4's A4. It is true that the camera difference is not much to the naked eye. But then again how clear can clear be.