What's new

dropped my iphone 4 in water

Banned user edit his post

You mean 10x better than a showered iPhone? Sure it's better :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok now that I have cleaned up the tread and removed the troll

what you must do is put the iPhone in to raw rice in a container and leave for a couple of days if not more ok. The try the phone by resetting it with power on home key and power key until white logo appears. If this does not work leave longer period.

A comment was made earlier about poor design by Apple .......Sorry I don't agree I have owned more smart phones than I would want to think about The iPhone is the best design period Any phone regardless of manufacture can die due to water problems if dropped into water Previous phones with out touch screen had greater issues in recovery than the new modern smart phones. All smart phones are the same and all will or will not survive after being in water it is that simple. I have recovered a couple of devices including a lap top. Yes lot's of rice lol. No guarantee but worth trying. Oh you cannot remove the battery so don't try just follow the above method.

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that up about the battery (and for the troll erradication)! This is definitely good info to have! :)

UPDATE

The phone does start when i charge it and dies when i pull the cable out. The touch seems to work and so on but im going to send it to ifixyourit so they can check it out, im at vacation in florida now so its very close.
I got frustrated when i came out of water so i pressed both the home button and the lock button so it got reseted and it wants to be connected to itunes for restorationg so there is no way i can test it by myself.

But thanks for all the help, ill report back on how the progress is going at ifixyourit.