What's new

Water Damaged

Does anyone PUT an iPhone in water? I woke up from a drunken night out and it was in the mug. I don't know how it got in there, and honestly it really doesn't have anything to do with it getting fixed.

I think that the OP has already answered that question.

Should have me er got dunked up in the first place. Plus bring such an expensive item even being drunken up you should have thought that having a phone in water is not good for the phone.

Sent from my 64gb iPad

Is it me or do certain people in here not understand the concept of being drunk? (inebriated) when one is drunk through drinking alcohol then one doesn't tend to know what one has done. Many wake up, on park benches, someone else's house, on a bus etc etc. putting ones phone in a mug of water would not be ones choice, but the fact one was so drunk you can't remember doing it, or maybe he put it on what he thought was the table but was the mug and then it fell in when he passed out.

This will be why the OP now has a question. Not because he put it in on purpose and now wants answers but because he woke up and saw the phone and went, "Oops"

iHolophyte

Yeah i have also the same question...what was it doing in a mug for 4 hours anyway.

The question has been answered upwards of 3-4 times already. Including in the post 2 above your own. Try reading the thread.

Is it me or do certain people in here not understand the concept of being drunk? (inebriated) when one is drunk through drinking alcohol then one doesn't tend to know what one has done. Many wake up, on park benches, someone else's house, on a bus etc etc. putting ones phone in a mug of water would not be ones choice, but the fact one was so drunk you can't remember doing it, or maybe he put it on what he thought was the table but was the mug and then it fell in when he passed out.

This will be why the OP now has a question. Not because he put it in on purpose and now wants answers but because he woke up and saw the phone and went, "Oops"

iHolophyte

I like how the topic has ended up centering around the cause instead of the solution. I provided details about the mug and the amount of water because I thought it would be relevant to the potential solution or information I might receive. Instead it's turned into a how did that happen, why did that happen. If I wanted a lecture about the mistake I don't think I would have posted the thread. And then people don't understand that I obviously don't remember doing it and obviously didn't do it on purpose.

I like how the topic has ended up centering around the cause instead of the solution. I provided details about the mug and the amount of water because I thought it would be relevant to the potential solution or information I might receive. Instead it's turned into a how did that happen, why did that happen. If I wanted a lecture about the mistake I don't think I would have posted the thread. And then people don't understand that I obviously don't remember doing it and obviously didn't do it on purpose.

I was sticking up for you not having a go! I was pointing out why others are more interested in why it was in the mug. As for a solution. What you are doing is about all that can be asked. If it solves it all well and good if it doesn't I'm afraid it's a new phone.

iHolophyte

Maybe he was so drunk when he meant to put his iPhone in the dock he missed and hit the water lol

I was sticking up for you not having a go! I was pointing out why others are more interested in why it was in the mug. As for a solution. What you are doing is about all that can be asked. If it solves it all well and good if it doesn't I'm afraid it's a new phone.

iHolophyte

I know you were haha. I was just adding to what you were saying. The phone is up and running. It crashes when I run some apps, but honestly I just need it to communicate after a week without it so I'm fine with that haha.

I know you were haha. I was just adding to what you were saying. The phone is up and running. It crashes when I run some apps, but honestly I just need it to communicate after a week without it so I'm fine with that haha.

That's one good thing about iPhones compared to other phones. Stick it in a bag of rice eventually it'll work. Other phones don't seem to offer that. +1 to apple!

iHolophyte

That's great to hear. My brother-in-law dropped his in the bath and wasn't so lucky. He had to go and buy a new phone. And no....he wasn't drunk!! lol

I don't understand why someone asked a question about an iPhone on an iPhone forum, and all you people can talk about is how the problem happened. From what you've described, the cameras, the vibrator, a part of the logic board, and the connectors for the screen and digitizer were submerged. If any of those things work, its truly a miracle. If you can make a call on it, try and call someone and see if the ear speaker still works. Try to take a picture with the front and rear cameras (with flash), as both of them and their connectors were submerged. If your having major problems with it, bring it to someone who can fix it. As long as the logic board is in good condition it should be an affordable easy fix. Good luck!

Sent From My Red iPhone- Built It Myself

shocky13 said:
I don't understand why someone asked a question about an iPhone on an iPhone forum, and all you people can talk about is how the problem happened. From what you've described, the cameras, the vibrator, a part of the logic board, and the connectors for the screen and digitizer were submerged. If any of those things work, its truly a miracle. If you can make a call on it, try and call someone and see if the ear speaker still works. Try to take a picture with the front and rear cameras (with flash), as both of them and their connectors were submerged. If your having major problems with it, bring it to someone who can fix it. As long as the logic board is in good condition it should be an affordable easy fix. Good luck!

Sent From My Red iPhone- Built It Myself

Because an iPhone forum us where one asks questions about an iPhone.

Sent from my 64gb iPad

Give praise each day that it continues to work. There is likely some corrosion in there that will eventually corrode through and send you shopping for a new one. Start budgeting now.