What's new

Looking For a Car Dock.

Smitty

Reaction score
I have been looking for a dock to mount permanently to my center counsel for my car. I want to simply get in my car and drop my ip4 in it. I am tired of connecting and unconnecting the car cable for my stereo. I have found several docks , but nothing specifically for a mobile application. I basically am looking for anyone who has first hand experience with somthing? Please lmk . And I don't want a holder that you have to plug in and unplug everytime.

I guess I am to specific. Lol ! would appreciate any advice. :)

Hi, the Tomtom in car kit is very good, does charging, and bluetooth hands free, very expensive but good (just ordered one myself)

oh and has been adapted for iphone4

Regards,

Dan

Thanks for the suggestion Annalu. I really want to stay away from suction cups . I am looking for more of the apple home dock. Converted for a mobile application though.

someone shared a link a while back for one that plugs into your cig lighter and charges the phone but is suspended with said charger. ill have to look for the post

I was in the same boat. I have to have the best of all worlds. Be able to take calls hands free, A mount that looks cool in my car not only to me, but others, and also be able to play my Iphone 4 Ipod tunes at the same time and still drive.
I don't like the FM transmitters. I don't like the idea of too many wires.
The one I bought will have a blue tooth connection for calls, and one external wire for the Iphone 4's Ipod music player, and one wire for charging the Iphone 4. You do not have to have the Iphone 4 in the cradle to use it. The phone could be in your cars back seat, your purse, wallet, glove box etc and still make calls.

Here is the one I just ordered yesterday:

Car-Kit-with-Charger-Landscape-SMALL.png

They have others as well, let us know what you end up with.

http://www.arkon.com/iPhone_4_Car_Mount.php

Last edited:
Check it out...this thing is SIC!

handsfree.jpg

Which one is that? The RWIPC? And is that an Otterbox defender on your phone? It looks like the defender, but I can't tell which holder you have. I'm looking for a holder/charger for the defender case.

What you are seeing in the pic is the best of both worlds..
The RWIPC and that is an Otterbox defender case. It is a tight fit going into the dock with the case installed but as you can see it will work.