What's new

Looking For a Car Dock.

These are some great alternatives. I want an actual dock though. No suction cups or chargers to plug into the cigarette lighter. I have an all in one cable form my pioneer Avic. I.e. Charging, iPod, and video. So what would be ideal is a dock that will be compatible to have that plugged into. Nice otterbox btw. I have the same color 

What you are seeing in the pic is the best of both worlds..
The RWIPC and that is an Otterbox defender case. It is a tight fit going into the dock with the case installed but as you can see it will work.

Awesome! One last question, with the defender case on, does it actually charge the phone or is it like the Magellan and not make contact?

What you are seeing in the pic is the best of both worlds..
The RWIPC and that is an Otterbox defender case. It is a tight fit going into the dock with the case installed but as you can see it will work.

Awesome! One last question, with the defender case on, does it actually charge the phone or is it like the Magellan and not make contact?

That is a good question. I will double check that tomorrow and post back as I did not pay attention I just assumed it does.

Just another quick update on this. Please disregard my previous post.
Today when I hooked the Iphone to the dock with the otterbox
and I got the charge screen! YES! I can see it charging now.
So that is a relief. I guess it had to seat a couple of times before it would make good contact enough to charge but all is well now and everything works as should. The coolest thing about this, you can see incoming text as your driving down the road. You dont have to reply of course but you can see whats coming in in a different mode than normal. You can opt to view or cancel, all while your music is running in the back ground. I have found when you using the RWIPC with your Iphone if you want to play the Ipod for music through your car stereo speakers you have to plug the cable into the headset jack on top of the Iphone 4 and click on "Headset" of the three options it gives you. Then as your calls come in you click on "Answer or Decline"
Also as soon as you get in your car it will automatically pair by itself.
You do not even have to go to the general settings screen to make sure it is paired to blue tooth every time. Its automatic. This thing (RWIPC) with conjunction with Iphone 4 is way cool I tell you.