limera1n app is a white box, i know. use it anyway

changelog
BETA1 - first release
BETA2 - fixed kernel patching magic, rerun BETA2+ over BETA1
BETA3 - fixed new bootrom 3GS
BETA4 - uninstall fixed, respring fixedish

Download for Windows

Last edited:
very nice, it beat Green poison to it lol. ty for the info, wow as soon as i move to mac windows starts getting the app first lmao. oh well good thing i have vmware fusion and wine

Should I use Green poison or limera1n to jailbreak my iphone 4 on ver 4.0.2 (8A400) and should i go up to vrs 4.1?
Thanks for the help

welcome aussie!

its up to you i imagine both will do the same thing. might be worth waiting until later for GP to see any bugs with this and which is better to use.

everyone worked perfectly for me Iphone 4 4.1 requires several restarts and even a restart after its installed...alot of functions don't currently work inside of cydia yet though as they haven't been upgraded. at least I can't get installous 3 to install yet.

Edit: I'm getting this error or thingy i'm not sure what it is really...I go into cydia and try to install installous 3 and i get a cancle/queue confirm and it reads

Note: The requested modifcations cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflics that cannot be automatically found or fixed.

Modifications install installous 3

Installous 3 depends AppSync for OS 4.0/4.0.1

Last edited:
I have know istalled AppSync for iOS4.1.
And installed the program I did the JB for.

Works perfect! No problems at all.

It's not working for me. I rebooted, get no cydia. Jailbroke it again, nothing. Not sure whats going on here to be quite honest. I guess I'm one of those unlucky ones o_O

Version 4.0.1 (8A306)
Firmware: 01.59.00

I'm scared to download limera1n on my PC. I'm I going to get some kind of virus ??

It's not working for me. I rebooted, get no cydia. Jailbroke it again, nothing. Not sure whats going on here to be quite honest. I guess I'm one of those unlucky ones o_O

Version 4.0.1 (8A306)
Firmware: 01.59.00

I assume you will need t backup and update to 4.1 via apple and then apply the update, someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I will be waiting for GP or a more stable version of Limera1n, however if I were to go ahead, I have some questions

1 - as above, do I need to update to 4.1 from 4.0.1 in order to apply the JB, if so is the process backup, restore, update then JB?

2- I have previously saved my SHSH on Saruiks server so would I need to go through this process again?

QuistySnr (NOOB)

1: yes (sync>update to 4.1>restore>jailbreak)

2:cydia should do it for you.