What's new

Lightning cable has me down..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wouldn't trust my expensive devices to cheap knock off cables, there was a thread on here recently about people being electrocuted so be careful.

Give me a break, where do you think all these cables were manufactured? Most likely in a factory in shenzhen. I've been using 3rd party cables for all my iphones and never had issues until ios 7. Also my ipad 3 has the old 30 pin connection and ios 7 but not that stupid message. Frankly that lightning cable is a crap design.

Also some news reports stated that she had just stepped from a bath. Even i'm not taking my iphone with me to the shower

Give me a break, where do you think all these cables were manufactured? Most likely in a factory in shenzhen. I've been using 3rd party cables for all my iphones and never had issues until ios 7. Also my ipad 3 has the old 30 pin connection and ios 7 but not that stupid message. Frankly that lightning cable is a crap design.

Also some news reports stated that she had just stepped from a bath. Even i'm not taking my iphone with me to the shower
You must do as you see fit, I'm just saying i wouldn't use them, there's no way i would pay over £500 for a device and connect it with some unknown cable that may or may not be fit for purpose, thats me!

Mainly, that there is no such thing as upside down. As far as quality goes though, I feel had. These things are terrible.

Anyone else having problems with lightning cables? I have had three of them stop working on me in the last 5 months. I just bought a more heavy duty model made by another company, but am wondering if I am the only one out there having these problems. At 15 bucks a piece i figured the would last more than 3 months, even with careful use.

I am getting very frustrated with these cables. I think I'm on my 4th or 5th cable since June
They keep breaking/cracking in the same place. Just above the long cable part and just below the
Plug. It is where there is a slight difference in the cable circumstance.

I think you all are missing the point of this entire thread. The lightning cable itself, the one that Apple gives you with your phone, is nothing but a "cheap knock off cable." There is nothing robust or well made about it. I personally think the 3rd party cables are better.

Definitely a piece of crap. Any suggestion for
a replacement?

This thread has run its course. Considering millions of devices have been sold all with Apple cables the number of complaints is so small it is not funny. Apple has blocked many unauthorised knock off cables and so they should they are dangerous. It seems a few users here are having issues, and that's fine just replace the cable with a genuine Apple cable or a certified third party lightning cable. Some of the comments towards our staff have also been out of line which is just not accepted in this forum or for that matter any of our forums. To any users whom are experiencing problems take the device and cable to an Apple store so that they may take action. Before any one steps out and buys non Apple cables do your research including looking at Apple's community forums as well as ours.

With that this thread is closed.

Definitely a piece of crap. Any suggestion for
a replacement?

Then you're obviously buying cheap dollar cables off the net, or you're doing something seriously wrong. If you're that disgruntled over a product, by all means sell the iPhone and move on to something else that supports cheap dollar cables

Status
Not open for further replies.