What's new

Latest in jail breaking- security and apps that won't work

cfclay

Reaction score
I jail broke a iPhone 5 two years ago for first time and there were a lot of cool tweaks- but I hated that missed being able to use Directv apps and I think some others that had to do with streaming video.

In 2015 (soon to be 2016), how safe is jail breaking, and can anyone speak of using apps like directv?

Why would I want to jailbreak? Number one reason- I like the MirMir tweak and/or any tweak that allow a multi window/expose framework tweak like android.

I spend a lot of time on the road and like to have navigation apps and some news apps like Fox News open.

Have iPhone 6s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a way to revert back to previous version of ios of you update? I remember one could do that in the past. Not sure about the new devices/ios

When a new IOS comes out there is a short period of time when Apple "signs" the previous iOS. After that short time period (often a week) one cannot go back top an earlier IOS.

You can only update/revert to a software version signed by Apple. At the moment, these are iOS 9.1 and 9.2, both not jailbreakable.