What's new

Just picked up the new iPhone 5, and it's not showing up under latest iTunes (10.8.2)

Are you running Parallel or some other Virtual Machine software at the time you plug the iPhone in?

You might have to register your phone first. Do you have apple ID?

You might have to register your phone first. Do you have apple ID?

You register your phone once you plug it into iTunes...right? It leads you through the registration screens. It's already working on my service (Verizon) but I don't know why my computer isnt detecting it?

Are you able to connect another iOS device to your current configuration with no issues?

Hmmm..even though I have 10.7 installed it's still telling me I have a higher version installed. I really don't want to uninstall my 10.7 version. May be what I have to do.

OK, they don't have it for Windows, I go confused. 10.7 is still the latest version for Windows, which sucks because it's not recognizing the devices when not plugged in.

Well, looking over that link someone said they had the same problem with Windows. Now they didn't say they updated their PC iTunes and I can't find anything but 10.7 unless iTunes is hiding it for some reason.

Last edited: