What's new

Just jailbroke 6.1 help

saintdawson

Reaction score
Ok we'll I've just jailbroke my iPod and iPhone a few minutes ago when I loaded cydia up its asking me to update evasi0n 6.x untether. But I jailbroke using my computer. I wasn't on a tethered jailbreak it's was fresh I restored then jailbroke. Did the jailbreak go wrong? Am I suppose to update the package? Please help!

Not seeing it on my iPhone 5. Checking on my iPads.

Update: 4 iPads sitting in front of me and not seeing the update on any of them. But it wouldn't hurt to update it if it's from the genuine source

Update2: Never mind, I see it. Installing it. Might just be a little bug they fixed up

Last edited:
Ok I'm goin to install cause its from the evasi0n team but I've heard that if you reboot it that tr weather app doesn't work but its fine with me thanks for your reply

I don't use the stocker Weather.app anyways :p Weather Live HD with their new weather scans is much more accurate and colorful :p

Well I don't use the weather that much so I doesnt bug me that much :) , I can alway go to the App Store and get a app ;)

I noticed that since I used this JB the 4s doesn't always reboot correct. It gets stuck at the apple logo until I do a few reboots. anyone know why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Did you attempt to install anything from Cydia?

Could be some bugs with the jailbreak and you might a have to force boot it to turn on

Is there actually anyone who's Cydia is working fine with no errors when downloading???

Is there actually anyone who's Cydia is working fine with no errors when downloading???
It's not any one person's Cydia... more often than not Cydia's servers are overloaded. Thus why people cannot properly download packages and/or tweaks they want. Give it time...

Just to confirm, so it's also normal for Cydia to have errors when it's refreshing the source - that is, when we first click on the Cydia icon - not to download anything? Thanks...

Just to confirm, so it's also normal for Cydia to have errors when it's refreshing the source - that is, when we first click on the Cydia icon - not to download anything? Thanks...
In the grand scheme of things, no... it's not normal. However, during times of high demand (when new Jailbreaks are released) Cydia's servers and corresponding resprocities are going to be heavily overloaded. You will experience errors and delays when downloading and/or refreshing sources. Give it time... please be patien... in a few days all the "new" will wear out and things will calm down.

What that initial loading every time that you Cydia is the caching of tweaks, apps and updates/changes. Since the servers are being slammed, they can't exactly dish out all the caching to each and every device since there's only so much bandwidth to go around. I would say early next week (after the weekend) when people finally stop spending their day constantly poking at the install buttons in Cydia every 2 seconds, would be a day where you'll actually be able to cache and install without waiting 5 minutes before you get walled with a POSIX, HTTP/1.1, hash sum mismatch, cannot connect to X repository, etc errors