What's new

JB procedure using redsnow rc9

gray_mouse

Reaction score
iPhone 4, 4.0.2, 01.59.00..... Brand new, USA, to be used in Russia.

So redsnow rc9 is out. Several Q

A. Do I upgrade to 4.3.1 via iTunes before jb?

B. If I do ^, will my modem fw be unlockable?

Basically what's the proper procedure to jb and unlock my I?

First upgrade to the 4.3.1 using itunes and then use redsnow to jailbreak. Currently unlocking your phone on a 4.3.1 is not possible. Im sure its in works.

First upgrade to the 4.3.1 using itunes and then use redsnow to jailbreak. Currently unlocking your phone on a 4.3.1 is not possible. Im sure its in works.

woah woah woah, don't upgrade with itunes!!

Upgrade with snowbreeze in baseband preservation mode, then jailbreak with redsnow and unlock with ultrasnow.

If you upgrade with iTunes, you will upgrade your baseband and loose the ability to unlock.

Help a noob a bit.

So I get correct version of snowbreeze and 4.3.1 firmware for iphone 4, then I run snowbreeze in baseband preservation mode and create an .ipsw, then I upgrade that created ipsw using iTune. Correct?? (then of course do redsnow)

Question, how will snowbreeze get baseband firmware from my phone?

Question, if I don't have SHSH saved, can I still do it?

Help a noob a bit.

So I get correct version of snowbreeze and 4.3.1 firmware for iphone 4, then I run snowbreeze in baseband preservation mode and create an .ipsw, then I upgrade that created ipsw using iTune. Correct?? (then of course do redsnow)

I see from another post that you have this all figured out already, but the quick and simple answer for others wondering the same thing is that Snowbreeze makes a custom .ipsw for you to restore your phone with that DOESN'T include the baseband upgrade.

Help a noob a bit.

I see from another post that you have this all figured out already, but the quick and simple answer for others wondering the same thing is that Snowbreeze makes a custom .ipsw for you to restore your phone with that DOESN'T include the baseband upgrade.

This is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowbreeze -> redsnow -> Cydia -> ultrasnow -> ultrasnow fixer for 4.3.1 -> :phone: momma