What's new

Jailbreakme.com causes crashing...

shinigaml

Reaction score
I know this is an iPhone forum but right now, my brand new iPod Touch 2G 8GB on 3.13OS MC Model cannot jailbreak properly. Everytime I "slide to jailbreak", it either...
1. Gives me background of Jailbreakme.com website and does nothing..
2. Safari Crashes
3. And most commonly, my iPod crashes and the apple logo appears. There's always a white screen for a split second as soon as it crashes as well..

I'm asuming option 3 is not good for the iPod... and I am wondering if this is normal or what... What can I do? I feel like I'm damaging my iPod touch everytime I try to JB with this website but I want to JB...

Help? Thanks

A quick google search would have showed you that there are issues with Jailbreakme.com... apperantly its fixed today but a mate of mine has tried it and its still not working

its working now

Have you actually used it to JB or a device or are you loading a the page? I have a 3GS in front of me with a download bar that hasnt moved for 15 mins

Think the servers either still having issues or being hammered....may wait a while

i actually jailbroke my device...

Well good for you... as its still not working on the 3GS in front of me and also not on two others... including an Iphone 4...wierd

It either sits on the Downloading screen for about 25mins.... or crashes straight away......then you get this afterwards...

Jailbreakme-Not-Working.jpg

Clearing the cache & hard rebooting doesnt make a difference. Im beggining to wonder if Mobile carriers in the UK are doing somthinf funky to stop it....

Last edited:
i actually jailbroke my device...

Well good for you... as its still not working on the 3GS in front of me and also not on two others... including an Iphone 4...wierd

It either sits on the Downloading screen for about 25mins.... or crashes straight away......then you get this afterwards...

Jailbreakme-Not-Working.jpg

Clearing the cache & hard rebooting doesnt make a difference. Im beggining to wonder if Mobile carriers in the UK are doing somthinf funky to stop it....

thank you for the compliment...and hope everything goes smooth for you as well

but my question is, is it normal for my ipod to do an apple logo "crash" when jailbreakme.com doesn't work after i "slide to jailbreak"???