What's new

jailbreaking , is it worth the hassle ?

steve_jay

Reaction score
well is it ? i have just got the iPhone 4s due to my HTC one x Bluetooth sensor breaking twice in a month & a half, so that went on eBay & i bought the iPhone, i have looked through the forums & its a minefield tbh for someone like me, i don't do twitter,Facebook etc. all i use it for is just calls, the odd text & the sat nav( although to say im disappointed with the free apps available for gps is a understatement, there poor in comparison to the Google android nav) so for someone like me is it worth the hassle of jailbreaking ? what can i gain from it, are the apps on cydia free? or just the same as the applle app store? thanks for any advice

well is it ? i have just got the iPhone 4s due to my HTC one x Bluetooth sensor breaking twice in a month & a half, so that went on eBay & i bought the iPhone, i have looked through the forums & its a minefield tbh for someone like me, i don't do twitter,Facebook etc. all i use it for is just calls, the odd text & the sat nav( although to say im disappointed with the free apps available for gps is a understatement, there poor in comparison to the Google android nav) so for someone like me is it worth the hassle of jailbreaking ? what can i gain from it, are the apps on cydia free? or just the same as the applle app store? thanks for any advice

these tips might help you
Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure?
What is jailbreaking?

Waze Navigation seems to work well as a substitute for Google Nav. If your into theme for your operating system, then jailbreaking is the way to go. Some apps on Cydia cost $ and some don't.
I like having the ability to change the UI up.

thanks for the reply, like i said in the post i have read the forums & those 2 threads

Not gonna condone pirating apps so unless your interesting in custom themes or adding tweaks for a better experience (system toggles, messenger apps, etc) then no it doesnt sound like you need to jailbreak.

As for the maps, wait for ios 6. It'll be out soon and will be what your looking for in navigation.

thanks for the reply, like i said in the post i have read the forums & those 2 threads
youre welcome,you didnt say you had read those two tips,thats why i posted them.

I was in doubt for a long time too but now I'm happy with it! I love trying out new themes and tweaks

well thanks for the replies lads & lasses, looks like i don't need to jailbreak after all then, not that bothered about the themes etc, glad to know that the sat nav might be getting better though, that's one of the main things i use as im a taxi driver so hope this comes to fruition in the future

well thanks for the replies lads & lasses, looks like i don't need to jailbreak after all then, not that bothered about the themes etc, glad to know that the sat nav might be getting better though, that's one of the main things i use as im a taxi driver so hope this comes to fruition in the future

Its already built in to ios6 and alot of posts on here have said how great it was. It uses tomtom for navigation so Im sure itll be on par if not better than 90% of the apps available and google nav.

Is it worth it? I think yes, definitely. Especially because it's so easy to back up, restore, and unjailbreak if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net