What's new

Is It Worth Losing A Jailbreak to Have An Apple Watch?

jimt29

Reaction score
6/9/15 - Today I will be getting an Apple Watch.

I may not even open the box and just return it. It's a bit of a predicament. I will have to update the IOS and will lose the jailbreak. The problem is some of the functionality I get from the jailbreak I won't have if I update the IOS.

Since I purchased the Apple Watch and haven't as yet worn it, I'm not sold on whether losing the jailbreak is worth the advantages gained by having the Apple Watch.

I did check to see if there was a way to save the jailbreak but according to our friends in the jailbreak forum it is not possible. So if I try the watch, I lose the jailbreak and there is no going back.

Any thoughts out there?

Have you thought of getting a used iPhone 5 or 5S, updating it to iOS 8.3 and using it with the Apple Watch? I use the functions of the Apple Watch every day, especially the fitness app. I also loaded my football season ticket onto the watch and will use it to get into the games.

Decision made. Watch is on its way back to Apple. Didn't accept it. I figured I'd wait until the dust settles on the jailbreak situation.
If a jailbreak becomes available for a version of IOS that works with the Apple Watch or an IOS version comes out with similar features I've purchased from the jailbreak community, then I will revisit buying the thing.