What's new

Jailbreaking and Battery

Jvandyke13

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if it would make a difference if im jailbroken and running a theme with winterboard vs/ being jailbroken with NO Theme. does using a theme use up battery? Just trying to get an idea if i should be rollin with a theme or not since my work (where i am most often) has a very low signal strength in the building.

I don't have a straigh idea anout it, but i think everything depending on the type of theme you install on the phone. But sure it will eat up some small battery life as it's a 3rd party theme installed and working via winterboard. Just my though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just jailbroke and started running a theme a week ago, and I have not seen any discerable difference in battery life. You will use up more while you are tweaking your phone, but once you have everything like you want it, everything will go back to normal.

I'm running a theme with gridlock, 5 icons in the dock, tlert, new font, SB setting pulldown and a custom lockscreen... And there is no difference in battery life

Animated themes are what eats the battery more

I feel like after installing winterboard, my battery no longer lasts as long as it has before.

I feel like after installing winterboard, my battery no longer lasts as long as it has before.

For some reason thats what i was gathering.... i was thinking about maybe just running stock UI and uninstall winterboard and run no themes. Any thoughts?

For some reason thats what i was gathering.... i was thinking about maybe just running stock UI and uninstall winterboard and run no themes. Any thoughts?

If you care more about battery life than looks, then sure, why not? Haha . Running themes also take more ram.

I'm really not exagerating here but here my battery life is just good and as strong as an iron. My phone was jailbreaked since the release of untethered iOS 4.3.1 and i've install ative them and have many apps runing in the background and my battery can just handle it well going up to 9h of usage if i do not do multimedia like tv, videos, video calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya same here. But i have to take some measures to save the battery because my work literally only has 1 bar of coverage inside because the building is all brick. Jailbreaking it self doesnt effect my battery but i have come to the conclusion that themes do have a small impact.