What's new

Jailbreak?

georgebrown88 said:
Hi every1 can some1 tell me if my phone is ok to jailbreak and how?. Its on ios 5.1 and baseband 04-12-01? Its already factory unlocked! Thanks :)

What model mate? We need that info. If you a 4S then no. No jailbreak yet.....but one will come out soon.

If your on an iPhone 4.....then you can semi-tether jailbreak it with the latest redsn0w(0.9.10b6)

Ok thanks guys, do u no if they will be a untethered jailbreak for ios 5.1. Thank u guys

georgebrown88 said:
Ok thanks guys, do u no if they will be a untethered jailbreak for ios 5.1. Thank u guys

As always....yes....and the iOS after that..........yes......and the iOS after that,.......well.......yup;)

The only real question is "when". Which as far as I know....has never been answered. It's released when it's released. No ETA.

zig9449 said:
As always....yes....and the iOS after that..........yes......and the iOS after that,.......well.......yup;)

The only real question is "when". Which as far as I know....has never been answered. It's released when it's released. No ETA.

Ok here's my question, if jailbroken using tethered for 5.1, can the untethered version be done without resetting the entire phone?

randizzard said:
Ok here's my question, if jailbroken using tethered for 5.1, can the untethered version be done without resetting the entire phone?

Yup. Just run the new jailbreak tool, and uncheck install Cydia (cuz its already installed of coarse). If you install Cydia over Cydia it will cause problems.

Can someone tell me where I can download the red snow jb from? I'm not very technical so a little step by step would be great :)

Cheers pal. Do you no the repo/source to make it semi tether? Thanks pal

georgebrown88 said:
Cheers pal. Do you no the repo/source to make it semi tether? Thanks pal

Not right off, no. Hit "semi-tether" or any variation in the search bar and it'll come up w/ the discussions about it a few months back.