What's new

Jailbreak ipad 2

dbcv

Reaction score
Have iPad 2 IOS 4.3.3 jailbroaken. I have not yet upgraded to 5.0.1. I have my SHSH saved for 5.0.1 via Tinyumbrella. My question is if I do not upgrade to 5.0.1 now and if Apple brings 5.1 then will I still be able to upgrade to 5.0.1. Because currently I do not want to loose my jailbreak and get 5.0.1.

You have some time since 5.1 isn't out yet. But if Apple releases 5.1 before the A5 untethered jailbreak is released, you will have to choose to either stay on 4.3.3 to be jailbroken or update to 5.0.1 while it's still being signed and wait for the jailbreak to be released. At this point in time there is no way to use 5.0.1 SHSH on A5 devices, not until a bootrom exploit is found.

Will Apple sign 5.0.1 even after release of 5.1?

Will Apple sign 5.0.1 even after release of 5.1?

No.

And, the time window to be able to download and install iOS 5.0.1 will be very tiny after Apple releases iOS 5.1. So, people will have to decide very quickly...

Marilyn

Have iPad 2 IOS 4.3.3 jailbroaken. I have not yet upgraded to 5.0.1. I have my SHSH saved for 5.0.1 via Tinyumbrella. My question is if I do not upgrade to 5.0.1 now and if Apple brings 5.1 then will I still be able to upgrade to 5.0.1. Because currently I do not want to loose my jailbreak and get 5.0.1.

Hi. If you don't upgrade by the time 5.1 comes out and if at that time the 5.0.1 shsh blobs are still non-working, then you wont be able to go to 5.0.1

I am guessing you also have the 4.3.3 shsh blobs correct?

I recently took my ipad 2 from 4.3.3 jailbroken to 5.0.1 (figuring I can of course go back down to 4.3.3 since I do have the shsh blobs) but to be honest, I am loving ios 5 on ipad2.

The multitasking gestures are great, and the imessage/icloud feature as well. (got a bit tired of too many customizations and months of trying out every single tweak and such from cydia on both iphone and ipad, and I am without a jailbreak for a bit, until 4S one comes out, but I don't really miss much, just some very important tweaks).

Other than that, I would suggest making sure you have time to go to 5.0.1, and you stay informed. Don't wanna wake up one day and Apple has 5.1 out and you can't go to 5.0.1 :) (although for a day or so after the new ios update comes out, the old one is still signed)

Thank you all for your suggestion.