What's new

JAILBREAK for FIRST TIMER

soimcrazy

Reaction score
I just got my first smart phone a few weeks ago, an Iphone from Verizon.

I want to use this phone a wifi hotspot for my laptop. Its my understanding that if I jailbreak the phone I can us it as a hotspot.

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO WITH THE PHONE ONCE IT IS UNLOCKED?

~~~with me being new to this and not at all familiar with what to do where should I go for instructions?

thanks !!

Welcome,

Jailbreaking and unlocking are different things. Jailbreaking will allow you to do many things including the wifi hotspot for a one off $20. It also allows you to unlock your phone to be used with different networks depending on something called baseband.

Check out our hacking section for all you need to know, including a guide on how to jailbreak...

I would recmond if you want a custom phone just go to YouTube and look of "jailbroken iPhone apps" or best "best Cydia apps for iPhone" and that will give you a idea of what you can do. Once your "jailbroken" they sky is the limit. I wonder why apple just dosnt make there phones open to it to begin with. And yes it's legal

check out MyGreatFest.net for a tone of info on jailbreaking :) it will answer most if not all your questions.