What's new

Personal hotspot

neil

Reaction score
Im not very good with all this, so i need some help please. Im currently working somewhere where i have no internet on my laptop. Im trying to use my phone as a modem, but cant seem to get it right. I know im suppose to set up a personal hotspot. I am running ios4.3.3 and have jailbroken my phone. For some reason i dont have the option of setting up a personal hotspot under settings. Can anyone please help me to do this or help me to use my phone as a modem.
Thanx!

neil said:
Im not very good with all this, so i need some help please. Im currently working somewhere where i have no internet on my laptop. Im trying to use my phone as a modem, but cant seem to get it right. I know im suppose to set up a personal hotspot. I am running ios4.3.3 and have jailbroken my phone. For some reason i dont have the option of setting up a personal hotspot under settings. Can anyone please help me to do this or help me to use my phone as a modem.
Thanx!

You can download mywifi on Cydia or other repository to activate the personal hotspot.

eandras said:
You can download mywifi on Cydia or other repository to activate the personal hotspot.

Don't use mywi. Use tether me ($4.99) in Cydia. Less detection.

Stop being a *edited* and get 4.3.5 or 5

Last edited by a moderator:
justin.j said:
Stop being a *edited* and get 4.3.5 or 5

Please choose forum friendly words. This is a family styled forum. Please take this as a warning.

iCrank said:
Please choose forum friendly words. This is a family styled forum. Please take this as a warning.

Warning received.

I want to update to ios 5, but is the jailbreak for that available?

When you say less detection what do you mean by this?

TetherMe enables native tethering whereas MyWi makes you tether through a 3rd party application so TetherMe is less detectable by carriers. A lot of MyWi users have been receiving text messages from their providers that their accounts will be forcibly switched to a tethering plan.

Jmills87 said:
TetherMe enables native tethering whereas MyWi makes you tether through a 3rd party application so TetherMe is less detectable by carriers. A lot of MyWi users have been receiving text messages from their providers that their accounts will be forcibly switched to a tethering plan.

Good to know thanks. For I fear that should I get such a message I would be forcibly switching to another carrier.

Jmills87 said:

Plus one.

I'm using iOS 4.2.6 and my personal hotspot went missing. I've used it before but now i can't seem to find it on my settings option.