What's new

Jailbreak and Unlock 4.1 (READ BEFORE CREATING A NEW THREAD)

Apple releases iOS 4. 2 Golden Master to devs, iOS 4. 2 jailbreak due 2 days after public release

the first gm was released 1st of november, another second one was released, so one two weeks after that .. as a guestimate

Can someone in plain English tell me why we are unlocking the phone? What is this jailbreak and unlock thing? I am really curious. Does it do more? What???? Please explain and hopefully write more than just typing one line. I am all ears and I would really appreciate it. I want to learn. Thanks.

seriously dude you need to do some reading simply becuz this question is very strange .

unlock = means you can use iphone with other network other than ATT

JAILBREAK= YOU WILL HAVE THE POSSIBILITY either to download free application or buy application from other store than being limited to apple store ...

to understand more you need first to understand what is an iphone.

becuz you seems to be from an other planet .

Hello Dude.....Yes I am from another planet and that is a good thing.:eek: Thank you so much for taking the time to explain it. I got it. :p

I did a quick search for AT & T TOS earlier on the iphone and other devices. What I got was that they can hold you for breaking their TOS if you unlock your iPhone(s). Otherwise, I think jailbreaking it is legal and fine, though it'd null your warranty with Apple. Here is the SS I took of their TOS, in case anyone want to discuss or talk about it.

I did a quick search for AT & T TOS earlier on the iphone and other devices. What I got was that they can hold you for breaking their TOS if you unlock your iPhone(s). Otherwise, I think jailbreaking it is legal and fine, though it'd null your warranty with Apple. Here is the SS I took of their TOS, in case anyone want to discuss or talk about it.

That sounds just about like apples...doesn't mean they will take legal action against you. Just that if you do something to your device they have legal right to refuse service/support.

That sounds just about like apples...doesn't mean they will take legal action against you. Just that if you do something to your device they have legal right to refuse service/support.

Excellent Research! You know everybody gets all this "mumbo jumbo" in small size lettering that strains your eyes and nobody reads it. Why? Because we can't be bothered with legal talk and are anxious to play with our new toys. :)

Last edited:

Excellent Research! You know everybody gets all this "mumbo jumbo" in small size lettering that strains your eyes and nobody reads it. Why? Because we can't be bothered with legal talk and are anxious to play with our toys. :)

Not when they can charge you a ton of money :p I would just love to tear down my phone and look into all the crevices and hack everything but I just want to be on the safe side before doing something stupid and get caught, as you can tell I'm just a padawan hacker, not quite a jedi yet...:(

Excellent Research! You know everybody gets all this "mumbo jumbo" in small size lettering that strains your eyes and nobody reads it. Why? Because we can't be bothered with legal talk and are anxious to play with our toys. :)

Not when they can charge you a ton of money :p I would just love to tear down my phone and look into all the crevices and hack everything but I just want to be on the safe side before doing something stupid and get caught, as you can tell I'm just a padawan hacker, not quite a jedi yet...:(

You may have noticed that there is a lot of guessing on this forum about what AT&T will do (unlock if you ask them to, etc.). Well, you took care of it by putting the TOS up for reading. It should stop some of that talk. Thanks. :)

yes but also ATT in the contract states that they can provide you with the code to unlock if u are good customer and pay on time . poeple these days travel all over the world and need to use the phone with other network . if they dont they are considered as defaulting . and you can take matter on your hand .lol . you can do whatever you want to your phone. however if you use any change your warranty is voided . but you can break their code or whatever you wish as long as you dont distribute that information. it's like you buy a dvd and you make home 100 copy but you got to keep it home it's ok as long as you dont go out and sell them becuz it become violation of copy right ..

Last edited:
iPhone4 unlockers are not left out in the cold. @sherif_hashim has found some very promising avenues to pursue. Those will be explored as soon as possible after all the 4.2 madness, said @iphone_dev team

iPhone4 unlockers are not left out in the cold. @sherif_hashim has found some very promising avenues to pursue. Those will be explored as soon as possible after all the 4.2 madness, said @iphone_dev team

yes but the 4.1 hole might work on the 4.2 so a 4.1 unlock might mean a 4.2 one instead ;)

maybe, but its less interesting for those who waited a month for that, these people need just unlock and they dont care it will be 4.2 or 1.1.5 :D

maybe, but its less interesting for those who waited a month for that, these people need just unlock and they dont care it will be 4.2 or 1.1.5 :D

1.1.5? where did that come from... and i know the unlockers wanted an unlock solution weeks ago...

but tell that to the devs who want the hole for 4.1 to work in 4.2...

personally i dont care if they never release unlock ;)

1.1.5? where did that come from... and i know the unlockers wanted an unlock solution weeks ago...

but tell that to the devs who want the hole for 4.1 to work in 4.2...

personally i dont care if they never release unlock ;)

well I care :) I got like 10 iphones lined up and waiting :)