What's new

Jailbreak and Unlock 4.1 (READ BEFORE CREATING A NEW THREAD)

DannyBoy

Reaction score
IF YOU HAVE NOT USED THIS METHOD AND HAVE ALREADY UPDATED TO 4.1 YOU CANNOT "DO-OVER" YOU WILL HAVETOO WAIT UNTIL THE DEV TEAM RELEASES AN UNLOCK FOR 4.1!!!!!!!

HERE IS A LINK TO USE GREENPOISON: Greenpoison The How To......... THERE IS NO WAY TO UNLOCK USING THIS METHOD!!!!

Now that we Limera1n is out, it time for us to Jailbreak and unlock our iPhone 4 and make full use of it. This tutorial is strictly for iPhone 4 users, who relay on unlock. As you know, upgrading directly to iOS 4.1 will upgrade your baseband and it will be difficult (may be impossible) to unlock your iPhone 4. So, just follow the below instructions to restore your iPhone 4 with out updating your baseband. So that you can take full advantage of the current version of Ultrasn0w to unlock.
Step 1: Download the required files (Links are posted at the bottom of the post)
Step 2: Now, Restore your iPhone using this turorial – Restore iPhone 4 to iOS 4.1 while preserving your Baseband
Step 3: Once your iPhone 4 is kicked out of the receover, Launch Limera1n (Make sure your device is still connected.)
Step 4: Now, click on “make it ra1n” – Here you will notice that your device will get into a recovery mode automatically.
Step 5: Now, lets put your iPhone 4 in DFU Mode by following the onscreen instructions
Step 6: Hold the power & home button of your iPhone 4
Step 7: Release the power button when asked by Limera1n
Step 8: When it says you are in “DFU mode.. wait” then release the home button
Step 9: Here you will notice a limera1n drop on your iPhone 4 for few seconds
Step 10: Once your iPhone 4 is jailbroken you will get the below message on your computer.
Step 11: You will notice that your iPhone 4 will reboot. Once it back, you will notice a Limera1n icon.
Step 12: Tap on the Limera1n Icon on your iPhone and install Cydia (make sure you have internet connection)
Step 13: Once the installation is completed, Launch Cydia take all offered updates.
That’s it! You have Jailbroken you iPhone 4 while preserving your Baseband. Now, its time to Unlock your iPhone 4 using Ultrasn0w.
How to Unlock iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1
Download Links

IF YOU HAVE NOT USED THIS METHOD AND HAVE ALREADY UPDATED TO 4.1 YOU CANNOT "DO-OVER" YOU WILL HAVETOO WAIT UNTIL THE DEV TEAM RELEASES AN UNLOCK FOR 4.1!!!!!!!

HERE IS A LINK TO USE GREENPOISON: http://www.iphone4forum.net/forum/iphone-4-hacking-17/greenpoison-how-4024/ THERE IS NO WAY TO UNLOCK USING THIS METHOD!!!!

Last edited:
what do you mean by "and there is no eta on unlock for new baseband"
so easy answear man when does the unlock for 4.1 can u answear me ?

thanks Danny and sorry guy if you where un able to understand what i meant

I am very frustrated with my Iphone 4. I just bought it on October 13 and it came already updated with the firmware 4.1. I tried to downgrade the firmware from 4.1 to 4.0.1 using felixbruns.com. An error came up saying that it was unable to downgrade to 4.0.1. Is it possible to downgrade now? my goal is to be able to jailbreak my iphone 4 using jailbreakme.com
Can someone please help me.

Unlock for 4.1 will be released in these coming days!!!

any links?

i know they have the 4.1 baseband unlocked but i thought they would of waited until 4.2 as they always wait for next fw

Just jailbreak my iphone4 4.1!! it's working great! thank you guys!

we all assume it will come one day .

but based on what you say that . did you guess like we do or you got the word from the developing team or what .? or u just trying to be nice to the frustrated guys about unlocking 4.1. ????

So it looks like iphone 4 owners have 2 or more options of jailbreaking their phones with iOS 4.1.
Greenpois0n or Limera1n
Searching the internet I have read users have found bugs with both. I have also read some bugs have been fixed. Seeing as both are still in RC stages I assume not all bugs have been worked out.

What I want to know is if you have jailbroken your iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1 what bugs have you encountered or NOT encountered???

I'm specifically looking for info concerning:
FaceTime
Wifi
MMS
iPod Video Out
Cydia loading

So it looks like iphone 4 owners have 2 or more options of jailbreaking their phones with iOS 4.1.
Greenpois0n or Limera1n
Searching the internet I have read users have found bugs with both. I have also read some bugs have been fixed. Seeing as both are still in RC stages I assume not all bugs have been worked out.

What I want to know is if you have jailbroken your iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1 what bugs have you encountered or NOT encountered???

I'm specifically looking for info concerning:
FaceTime
Wifi
MMS
iPod Video Out
Cydia loading

Limara1n has worked flawless for me!! Best one since 2.XX in my opinion.

pwnage tool was supposed to be released last night, imo thats the best one, you can change partition size and change boot logos

hi guys, i can see that there is no way to restore from 4.1 or unlock on 4.1 using such hacks. But is there anywhere that could do this in any other way? Phone retailers that unlock phones, or is this regulated by Apple and ask for them not to do this?

And are all the websites claiming they can unlock 4.1 on iphone 4 for £££$$$ just huge scams?

much appreciated!