What's new

Jailbreak and Unlock 4.1 (READ BEFORE CREATING A NEW THREAD)

Just jailbreak my iphone4 4.1!! it's working great! thank you guys!

It's posts like this that make my newbie applehead hurt when others say you need to wait.

I have an unlocked phone from Apple. It is a 4.1

I want to download Cydia to get 2 apps. My3G so I can use facetime and MyProfiles so I can change my alerts.

Do I have to jailbreak it to get Cydia?

Do I have to have Cydia to get My3G and MyProfiles?

What is required to get facebreak if all else fails?

I have been searching for hours and would love an exact answer to my questions. Thanks.

hi Camo,

I think you do need to jailbreak your iphone in order to get cydia, limera1n is something i have used and it installs cydia magically to your phone and then you can use it.. i havent gotten anything off it though..

is it possible to change (chose) tone for your text messages? when it was jailbroken and factory unlock??

thanks sorry im new here

is it possible to change (chose) tone for your text messages? when it was jailbroken and factory unlock??

thanks sorry im new here

I can't remember, I got rid of it and bought an unlocked one from Apple instead. Not sure if i'll jailbreak it as I couldn't really see any benefits other than unlocking it? You can change tones, not sure how to add customer tones yet though.. Maybe need to upload songs through itunes or something.

Bobik, your post shows you deleted it. You can repost if you like. :)

really, oh perhaps I deleted myself ;)

Waiting on 4.1 UNLOCK heh

lol or that, you can unlock 4.1 if you have older baseband but 4.1 baseband wont be released until a few days after 4.2 release so the unlock might also work for 4.2

Yea. SO you saying sometimes phones come with 1.59 baseband runing 4.1? hmm I have never seen this. I know 4.0.2 can be updates and so on... but I have never seen a stock i4 with ios4.1 with an older baseband

really, oh perhaps I deleted myself ;)

Waiting on 4.1 UNLOCK heh

lol or that, you can unlock 4.1 if you have older baseband but 4.1 baseband wont be released until a few days after 4.2 release so the unlock might also work for 4.2

Yea. SO you saying sometimes phones come with 1.59 baseband runing 4.1? hmm I have never seen this. I know 4.0.2 can be updates and so on... but I have never seen a stock i4 with ios4.1 with an older baseband

no what i meant is you can upgrade to 4.1 and keep the same baseband, or are you already on the newer baseband?

no what i meant is you can upgrade to 4.1 and keep the same baseband, or are you already on the newer baseband?

I know that.

Hi guys
I hav a Q...i hav jb my phone recently(using limera1n) and itz working quite well..now the thing is i want to knw whether my phone is unlock. if so how to check whether it is unlock or not?
Also is it possible to remove the jb frm my phone and bring it back with same setting when i bought the phone? ( if i uninstal limera1n will it be removed totally?)

Iphone4(16gb)
ver-4.1

Hi guys
I hav a Q...i hav jb my phone recently(using limera1n) and itz working quite well..now the thing is i want to knw whether my phone is unlock. if so how to check whether it is unlock or not?
Also is it possible to remove the jb frm my phone and bring it back with same setting when i bought the phone? ( if i uninstal limera1n will it be removed totally?)

Iphone4(16gb)
ver-4.1

ok so you jail broke with limera1n, if your phone is usually locked to a carrier try putting in another sim, but jailbreak does NOT unlock the phone you would of had to use ultrasn0w, so if you know you have not used that then its not unlocked, unless you have a factory unlocked phone.

2. you cant simply "uninstall" limera1n and lose the jailbreak, you would have to restore or update the phone and then you lose the jailbreak

This thread is very confusing, the title says that you can find in this thread a way how to unlock your 4.1, yet it goes on to say later how you can't do anything if you already updated your phone to 4.1, am I missing something here?

To my knowledge, we can actually unlock a 4.0.1 iPhone but not a 4.0.2 iPhone, is this what the thread trying to say? or there is something more to that?

Last edited:
This thread is very confusing, the title says that you can find in this thread a way how to unlock your 4.1, yet it goes on to say later how you can't do anything if you already updated your phone to 4.1, am I missing something here?

To my knowledge, we can actually unlock a 4.0.1 iPhone but not a 4.0.2 iPhone, is this what the thread trying to say? or there is something more to that?

You can only unlock if you preserve you baseband from 4.0.2. If you just updated thru iTunes the baseband is upgraded and the unlock won't work.