What's new

Jailbreak and Unlock 4.1 (READ BEFORE CREATING A NEW THREAD)

This thread is very confusing, the title says that you can find in this thread a way how to unlock your 4.1, yet it goes on to say later how you can't do anything if you already updated your phone to 4.1, am I missing something here?

To my knowledge, we can actually unlock a 4.0.1 iPhone but not a 4.0.2 iPhone, is this what the thread trying to say? or there is something more to that?

thank you. I thought it was confusing too.

if i want to directly download iphone 4 applications from pc to iphone 4 is there any software which can do that my iphone 4 is already jail broken and cydia installed

Ok I jailbroke and unlocked my I4 no problem

My brother has a 3GS 3.1.3 05.12.01 I jailbroke it with no problem but when I try to unlock it and install ultrasn0w it gives me an error???

Should I use Ultrasn0w ??

TIA

My brother has a 3GS 3.1.3 05.12.01 I jailbroke it with no problem but when I try to unlock it and install ultrasn0w it gives me an error???

TIA

I think that is the latest baseband that doesn't have an unlock yet.

Hey paliometoxo Thanks M8!!!

so can i unlock my phone with ultrasnow?

Iphone 4
ver 4.1

if it has the official ipsw installed and baseband then no you cant...

TIA

Before you can follow these instructions you must have a jailbroken iPhone and you must be on the 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04, or 01.59 baseband(modem firmware).

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock the iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Using UltraSn0w

TIA

I was told be a couple of hackers that firmware could be unlocked. But I refuse to pay them

TIA

I was told be a couple of hackers that firmware could be unlocked. But I refuse to pay them

it can be unlocked if you have an earlier firmware there is a method to save the baseband and keep it on 4.1 so you can unlock it. but never pay for unlock and jailbreak 99.9999% of the time they are scammers who sell free tools, and a few days after 4.2 release there will be a tool to unlock 4.1 baseband and probably 4.2 for free

Thank you it worked but now I went to go reset the phone in the reset settings and now it's stuck at the apple logo???

The phone was working after the jailbreak and unlock but I figured I would reset on the phone not Itunes

Anyone have any pointers for me??

still having trouble? what i would do is do a hard reset just hold down home and power for a few seconds until it resets..

Tried that and it didn't work. I read online that you have to restore the phone. I saved my SHSH files with tiny umbrella how would I going abouts restoring the phone the correct way without loosing my firmware?

Thanks for your help

hmm well if you dont need unlock you dont need to save anything you can be on official 4.1 and jailbreak

hmm well if you dont need unlock you dont need to save anything you can be on official 4.1 and jailbreak

Ya but if I restore with Itunes wont it upgarde my firmware??

Once a phone is unlocked does it stay unlocked even when you restore?