What's new

Jailbreak and Unlock 4.1 (READ BEFORE CREATING A NEW THREAD)

hi guys, i can see that there is no way to restore from 4.1 or unlock on 4.1 using such hacks. But is there anywhere that could do this in any other way? Phone retailers that unlock phones, or is this regulated by Apple and ask for them not to do this?

And are all the websites claiming they can unlock 4.1 on iphone 4 for £££$$$ just huge scams?

much appreciated!

this is a very frequently asked question... in short, yes they are all scam sites that sell free tools, then they claim it works with the latest firmware and baseband so people pay for it only to find it wont work, then on most of the sites your lucky if you get a reply if you email them.

also just to add muscle nerd has said the 4.1 baseband unlock will come after official 4.2 release, a few days after at most. so in november some time

Last edited:
this is a very frequently asked question... in short, yes they are all scam sites that sell free tools, then they claim it works with the latest firmware and baseband so people pay for it only to find it wont work, then on most of the sites your lucky if you get a reply if you email them.

also just to add muscle nerd has said the 4.1 baseband unlock will come after official 4.2 release, a few days after at most. so in november some time

Doh, sorry - much appreciated for your quick response on a FAQ. November isn't too far away I guess!

Doh, sorry - much appreciated for your quick response on a FAQ. November isn't too far away I guess!

you're welcome, and no its not far away at all. But its just a matter of when in november apple release 4.2 lol. we will see.

there are ways to upgrade if you where on 4.0.2 you can upgrade to 4.1 while keeping the same baseband and then unlock on 4.1 but if you did receive the iphone on 4.1 then you have to wait.

you're welcome, and no its not far away at all. But its just a matter of when in november apple release 4.2 lol. we will see.

there are ways to upgrade if you where on 4.0.2 you can upgrade to 4.1 while keeping the same baseband and then unlock on 4.1 but if you did receive the iphone on 4.1 then you have to wait.

Thanks, it did indeed come with 4.1.

Is it correct in thinking that there is no legitimate way to unlock iPhones ? After an update it could re-lock them? In which case it may be better to sell the phone and purchase one that is locked to my specific network..?

Thanks, it did indeed come with 4.1.

Is it correct in thinking that there is no legitimate way to unlock iPhones ? After an update it could re-lock them? In which case it may be better to sell the phone and purchase one that is locked to my specific network..?

well jailbreaking and unlocking is legal so technically it is legit using these tools.

if you upgrade you lose the unlock and you must wait for a new way to unlock before upgrading, though legal apple wont make it easy.

in my opinion its better to get the iphone factory unlocked or locked to your carier if you dont need to use more then one sim card, you will be able to upgrade with out waiting for unlock tools

how do I know the state of my Iphone? where do I see the infos, regarding if the phone is truly Unlocked, or if the baseband was changed?

thanks

go to settings > general > about and if its on 4.1 with baseband 2.10.04 then its unlocked as there is no unlock tool for that baseband, or restore and then you can see if it unlocks or locks

go to settings > general > about and if its on 4.1 with baseband 2.10.04 then its unlocked as there is no unlock tool for that baseband, or restore and then you can see if it unlocks or locks

many thanks dear Paliometoxo,

I just controlled it, and, yes, I have baseband ok I learn this is the baseband for the Modem, thanks...... 2.10.04, funny I was thinking that was a date, like february 2010 day 4.....Ok,,,,,,

and I still have the 8B117 version

then if it is still unlocked, I bought it directly to Apple store, could I use limerain or something else...? en I was trying limerain, the software did something, but I could never see the drop of water into Iphone 4..I think I was also in DFU mode....For the greenpioson, sorry, but the seconds stuff is not very easy to do it right....

I wish I could really jb my phone....Sorry again a newbie question

many thanks dear Paliometoxo,

I just controlled it, and, yes, I have baseband ok I learn this is the baseband for the Modem, thanks...... 2.10.04, funny I was thinking that was a date, like february 2010 day 4.....Ok,,,,,,

and I still have the 8B117 version

then if it is still unlocked, I bought it directly to Apple store, could I use limerain or something else...? en I was trying limerain, the software did something, but I could never see the drop of water into Iphone 4..I think I was also in DFU mode....For the greenpioson, sorry, but the seconds stuff is not very easy to do it right....

I wish I could really jb my phone....Sorry again a newbie question

well atm you can jailbreak any firmware and any baseband its just unlock wont work, you can either use pwnage tool (mac only) limera1n or greenpois0n

Ok, I did it again with the same result

Did opened Limera1n connected my I4, and when all was donne, Limeran told me:
YOUR jailbreak IS READY, turn it on when done....

here I am stuck and do not know what to do next....No cydia no nothing

Thanks

the instructions are not clear on whether you have to use tiny umbrella or jailbreak in order to unlock 4.0.2