What's new

I've found a serious security flaw in the new update!

Crag88

Reaction score
You can bypass the lock screen and access everything! Not impressed apple!!

Lock your phone, double press the middle button and enter the camera. Then press the photo in the bottom left and it says your iPhone is locked. Then pres the bottom left again to go back to the camera, then press your middle button and hey presto your in!

Does not work on my phone. It tells me the phone is locked and returns me to the lockscreen if I follow your instructions...

I've tried it on a few phones now. You have to go from photos back to the camera and then the middle button

Yes, I did that. iPhone4S. Are you sure you don't have your passcode lock set to something other than "immediate"?

Crag88 said:
Lock your phone, double press the middle button and enter the camera. Then press the photo in the bottom left and it says your iPhone is locked. Then pres the bottom left again to go back to the camera, then press your middle button and hey presto your in!

Nope, mine take me back to the pass code screen

It works on mine.

Attachments

• $image-2455684960.jpg
    $image-2455684960.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 642
This happens when the passcode timeout is longer than the lock screen timeout. Going into the camera app from the lock screen is the same as swiping the slider to unlock.

Please set your "Require Passcode" to "Immediately". This will resolve your perceived security issue, that doesn't exist.

Skull One said:
Please set your "Require Passcode" to "Immediately". This will resolve your perceived security issue, that doesn't exist.

Nice find skull