What's new

Major iPhone Security Flaw - Bypass The Passcode Screen Video

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppwwlJYdfY8[/ame]​

A major iPhone security flaw was found recently. This security flaw allows you to bypass the "Enter Passcode" lockscreen and look at information on your device. Anyone can do this to your phone if it is in their hands. Your contacts, text messages, and maybe even emails aren't safe with this bug. Apple has noticed the problem and said it will be fixed in iOS 4.2.

To do this, simply go onto the Emergency Call screen, press "*" 3 times, hit call, then press your power button, and your in.

Yeah I can get into the phone using this bypass. I would add though that for me this bypass only allows access to the phone function of the phone. So they can make calls and see contacts. Maybe it's different for others who have jailbroken using a different method.

They can't send texts through the contacts list, it won't work I tried. Also u can't leave the phone area. Pressing the home button once or twice has no effect.

Still not good though.

Last edited:
when i do these steps my phone just sleeps when i hit the power button, funny thing though when i do enter the password its at the contact screen but doesnt bypass the security, guess its hit or miss

I tried again after seeing this post, pressing "*" 3 times instead of "#" as was in the original article.
It bypassed my password, and asked for sim lock pin. So, it does not work.
I entered my normal sim pin, it does not accept it. Entered again, does not accept.:)

So, I powered off completely, and powered on again, entered my passcode and sim pin, and it accepted my normal sim pin this way.

So, I suggest using passcode and sim pin for the time being until Apple comes out with a patch.

I tried again after seeing this post, pressing "*" 3 times instead of "#" as was in the original article.
I entered my normal sim pin, it does not accept it. Entered again, does not accept.:)

So, I powered off completely, and powered on again, entered my passcode and sim pin, and it accepted my normal sim pin this way.

So, I suggest using passcode and sim pin for the time being until Apple comes out with a patch.

How do u do the pass code and sim pin?....:confused:

Settings->Phone->SIM PIN->ON
Settings->general->passcode lock->on

Thanks.....:cool:

Thanks.....:cool:

ALSO...Default AT&T SIM PIN

Symptom:
SIM PIN Definition Instructions:
A SIM PIN is a four to eight digit code that is used to prevent unathorized use of a SIM card. The default SIM PIN for an AT&T SIM card is 1111. If an incorrect SIM PIN is entered too many times on a device, a PUK code will be required to unlock the SIM card, which u can get from your online account.

One disturbing thing you can do i found out is view all pictures in the phone with this security flaw.
When in contacts, hit edit, hit contacts picture, edit, pick from album, and all the picture folders are accesible.
Thats not good.
T.