What's new

Apple Will Fix Password Protection Security Flaw With iOS 4.2

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
password-security-fix.jpg

CNET reports today that Apple has confirmed the iPhone password protection security flaw revealed this week by a MacRumors forum member. Just to recap, the security hole enabled someone to use the phone dialler on a password-protected iPhone simply by entering a specific series of digits. This would mean that if your iPhone was stolen, or you left it in a public area unattended for any length of time, someone could access it, even though you thought you had password locked it, and use it to make phone calls, access your address book, send e-mails and so on. The flaw was confirmed by many users and different websites, and now Apple has also confirmed it.

“We’re aware of this issue and we will deliver a fix to customers as part of the iOS 4.2 software update in November,” an Apple spokeswoman told CNET.

Source: CNET

Last edited:
I am able to read any excel spreadsheet on my I-4 but if the file is password protected I have no option to put in a password. I get confidential spreadsheets by e-mail as attachments and have them going to my computer as well as my I-phone. The computer asks me for the password, but the I-Phone does not. I cannot read these files.

Has anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks in advance for any help.