What's new

Apple Releases iOS 6.1.3

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
11752-ios-6-3-1.JPG

AppleInsider reports that Apple has today released iOS update 6.1.3, which, in the words of the update, “Fixes a bug that could allow someone to bypass the passcode and access the Phone app.” Specifically, the bug that the notification is referring to here is the recently discovered security hole that enables a user who is up to no good to activate the exploit by making and then immediately cancelling an emergency call, even when the iOS devices is protected by a passcode lock. The person could then plug the phone into a computer via USB, and access the real user’s data. The other main feature of the new update is more tweaks for Apple Maps Japan, which Apple has been trying to perfect over the past few months. As ever, the advice to those who have jailbroken iOS devices is to keep reading these forums and hold fire on updating your device until we have information that it is safe to install the update without the risk of losing the jailbreak. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT]
Apple releases iOS 6.1.3 with fix for lock screen security flaw

Any info about jailbreak team? Statements?

Sent from Apple iPad 4

A new jailbreak will have to be developed.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

I see no difference between 6.1.2 and 6.1.3 in regards to battery life.

Updating my devices !
View attachment 11756

Of course I took that photo and posted this with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (because I was too lazy to go get my Droid X). Bwhahaha!!!

So does that mean you don't care too much about jail breaking? I am just trying to decide whether to go ahead or not. Had bad experience with updating in the past.

Last edited:
So does that mean you don't care too much about jail breaking? I am just trying to decide whether to go ahead or not. Had bad experience with updating in the past.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: I'll try to be brief.

Jailbreaking and rooting is simply the ability to allow "superuser" or "admin" access to the OS. In and of itself, that means both on Android and iOS that nothing should change whatsoever about the operation of the device or the operating system. And from that respect, jailbreaking iOS does nothing to the performance of iOS. But when you start adding tweaks, both the stability and batter life of iOS can be/is diminished. Anyone that tells you otherwise simply has no clue. What I find funny is, when you root (jailbreak) Android and tweak it, you generally make it more stable and have longer battery life. I found the exact opposite effect with jailbreaking iOS unless you are very careful and limit yourself to what you tweak. There are millions of users jailbreaking iOS every new release. There is a wealth of information on what you should and shouldn't do. But I find that iOS is the most stable when you simply leave it alone. And that Android is more stable when you root and tweak the hell out of it. Irony at its finest.

Thanks! Appreciate the sharing of your insight so we can make an informed decision. This is a good forum!