What's new

iTunes - iPhone not recognized: Fix

joepa

Reaction score
Aloha,
I been having a problem with iTunes not recognizing my iPhone 4.
I am jailbroken 4.3.3 and installed the newest iTunes on Windows 7.
I search the internet and found many different resoultions. None seemed
to do it for me. I thought about it and decided to look at my Printers and Devices on my computer. When I found the Apple Device under: other, I did a troubleshoot and it fixed the problem. Then I went to: System Services and looked at Apple Devices and restarted it. This put everything right for me and my issure was fixed. Now iTunes finds my iPhone and all is well. I wanted to share this fix as I found many others with the problem.
joepa

Question: I'm taking you mean that iTunes didn't recognize at ALL? I now just have manually open it even though iTunes is marked to open everytime phone is connected.

elmo0901 said:
Question: I'm taking you mean that iTunes didn't recognize at ALL? I now just have manually open it even though iTunes is marked to open everytime phone is connected.

Elmo090,
How did u manually open? Thank you.
joepa

elmo0901 said:

Elmo090,
How did u manually open? Thank you.
joepa

When I connect via computer it'll charge but not open iTunes. I just open from desktop and then can sync. I'm jb with untethered version of snow and running windows 7

And I'm running iTunes 10.2.2.14. Did just try linking phone while it was "awake" and it did actually automatically open and sync and checked devices and system is recognizing it as iP4.