What's new

Itune rearrange my iphone icons when syn with 2 PC

victory

Reaction score
This problem appears at 2009 as can be searched on the web, but it still happens now at 2011.

One year ago, when I change a new computer, and want to syn by itune in the new computer for the apps, after check the top left box of 'app syn', all the icons appears on the right panel of itune are rearranged. Tried many different ways still can't solve the problem. Finally, i am forced to syn first, and then used 3-4 hours to manually arranged back the icons into suitable folders and positions.

However, I need to use anyother PC to syn the same iPhone, but the problem still exist. Is there any solution to it so that itune can detect the same arrangement after clicking the top left check box ? It is really one big problem for iPhone, but don't know why APPLE still didn't solve it since 2009.

And when you sync your phone to a new itunes on a new computer, itunes doesn't erase your songs and videos and books from your phone? Until now, there is no way to go aroud this issue, unless you jailbreak your phone and find an app or tweak in cydia which can help with that issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bab2010 said:
And when you sync your phone to a new itunes on a new computer, itunes doesn't erase your songs and videos and books from your phone? Until now, there is no way to go aroud this issue, unless you jailbreak your phone and find an app or tweak in cydia which can help with that issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Songs and books can easily move to other PC by drag and drop directly in iTunes and copy files to other PC. However, the iPhone icon arrangement can't be copied in that way, only can be detected by itune. This is really a BIG FAULT missed by apple, and making their aim of 'easy use' into false. Can any apple engineer see this problem ???

victory said:
This problem appears at 2009 as can be searched on the web, but it still happens now at 2011.

One year ago, when I change a new computer, and want to syn by itune in the new computer for the apps, after check the top left box of 'app syn', all the icons appears on the right panel of itune are rearranged. Tried many different ways still can't solve the problem. Finally, i am forced to syn first, and then used 3-4 hours to manually arranged back the icons into suitable folders and positions.

However, I need to use anyother PC to syn the same iPhone, but the problem still exist. Is there any solution to it so that itune can detect the same arrangement after clicking the top left check box ? It is really one big problem for iPhone, but don't know why APPLE still didn't solve it since 2009.

Does anyone here can help in this case ? How will u all handle the app synchronization process when first time use a new computer to syn app ?

what you need to do is authorise your computer click on store > authorise this computer

Unleashed said:
what you need to do is authorise your computer click on store > authorise this computer

I already authorized, and be able to syn all other items, except the app ( first display is according to iphone icon orders in gray window, after click the app syn and syn app buttons, all icon orders in a mess )
Hope anyone meet the same case can advise the solution !

there is a jailbreak app called Sborganiser but in future just use update instead of restore and it will leave the device how it was.. though even usually when you restore to a backup it puts it back how it was. for now just manually put it back how it was