What's new

froze icon picture of Itune, arrow head and usb cord

r0ck2

Reaction score
I was not sure if I have follow step by step in order to upgrade IOS. I still have the same IOS since I bought new. (Iphone4) Anyway I contacted ATT where I bought, I asked if he could help me download. He said no. Their office doesnt have computer for that so he suggested to do at home. He said connect Itune. So I did. I downloaded on my PC Lap top. Then next step Sync. It took some time to transfer upgrade IOS then suddenly my Iphone froze. I turned it off and turn it back on (reboot) but still froze. There is an icon picture of itune with arrow head and usb cord. I tried few time to turn it off again and came up same. How do you get your Iphone4 back to normal? Or reboot? Unless I did something wrong? Thanks!

Seems like your update failed and that your phone is in recovery mode.

To escape recovery mode try holding both the power button and home button at the same time for 10 seconds.

If it still freezes up try going on your iTunes and when iTunes detects the iPhone, press restore.

Note that you will most likely lose all your saved pictures and all other saved data on phone while restoring.

Good luck