What's new

Is this new iOS 11.2.2 upgrade the battery fix Apple promised

digitalcuriosity

Reaction score
Apple just updated my iPhone6 to iSO 11.2.2, is this the battery fix Apple promised?
Has anyone using it noticed any changes in battery life or charging?

iOS 11.2.2 is a security update, designed to patch the Meltdown and Spectre CPU flaws. It’s recommended for all users, and it includes security improvements to Safari and WebKit to mitigate the effects of Spectre.

What Apple promised in a future iOS update was not a battery fix but more available information on the health of the battery, making it easier to decide whether or not the battery needs replacing.

I'm still hoping for the option to have % instead of the icon on the X [emoji848][emoji848]

If you drag down the control centre, the battery % shows up.

I know[emoji106] my preference is for the convenience of a glance without interrupting what I am doing[emoji3]. Kind of like wishing for the iOS 10 and earlier convenience of actually turning off WiFi from the control center. I turn mine off/on all the time so having it like it is is useless to me.

Now if I could select which Bluetooth device to connect with from control center I would be very happy, I share my headphones between my X, my iPad and my 4K Apple TV and going to settings all the time (again) is cumbersome[emoji33].

What's the verdict on iOS 11.2.2? I want my wife and I to be protected from Meltdown and Spectre, but we've held off on iOS 11.x versions because their track record on iPhone 6's and some iPads has been somewhat spotty, to say the least. Have they finally got it right?

Thanks!

What's the verdict on iOS 11.2.2? I want my wife and I to be protected from Meltdown and Spectre, but we've held off on iOS 11.x versions because their track record on iPhone 6's and some iPads has been somewhat spotty, to say the least. Have they finally got it right?

Thanks!
Apples 11.2.2 on my iPhone6 is working very well battery is holding good charge.

Thanks!

11.2.2 on my X and my 6S Plus is good, no glitches noted so far. My iPad - well, after a few reboots and a bit of tweaking the only issue I had (background on home and lock screen) is gone and I don't see any slowdown on any of them.

Hello everyone

Nowadays i have some battery and performance problem at my iphone6 so i read a article in apple website regarding this issue it said that main reason is old battery of your iphone due to new firmware as of IOS11. New versions is supported balance of battery in case of shutting your phone down. i mean your phone CPU is working on living of your phone by processing instead of processing your application on phone.
That is the problem which if your battery was gotten older such as older than 3 years old, your Iphone always struggle to be alive your phone by using CPU power and then your application has been slower and slower.