What's new

What does this new upgrade 11.2.6 bring to the iPhone6?

digitalcuriosity

Reaction score
Is this the fix for the battery charging reduction, that has been discussed in this forum?
It seems there has been around three upgrades, in less then a month to my iPhone6.

For me, my 6S Plus sluggishness went away, my issues with apps connecting to the GPS went away, and I no longer have to worry about someone sending me some strange character as a joke and making my life miserable.

For me, my 6S Plus sluggishness went away, my issues with apps connecting to the GPS went away, and I no longer have to worry about someone sending me some strange character as a joke and making my life miserable.
==
These improvements to your iPhoneS has happened from todays upgrade to 11.1.6?
Just wanting to make sure about when it improved.

So I only have a little time with it, but it was (prior to the update) 'stuttering. I would type a name into contacts and it would take the first and freeze for about 2-3 seconds, now it doesn't. I've been living with having to make a call to get my maps app or speedometer app to connect to my GPS, it connected within a second and registered speed. Same with the sluggishness, it was just like typing a name into contacts, it would freeze for a few seconds then go on.

I don't yet know if any other items I'm not happy with are fixed, I am expecting 12 to do those, but I was expecting the same for these issues.

11.2.6 was released more than a week ago.

Yep, and as of the other day all my devices (except the 4S, 5S and 3rd gen iPad) are running it. I updated one at a time and tested to make sure I wouldn't regret the update. For me it's [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

11.2.6 was released more than a week ago.
===
I just received the notice this morning about it, i am glad others have had a chance to install it and see if it fixed any problems they may have had.