What's new

email iPhone6

redmist3

Reaction score
Help please.
I have my iPhone 5 and 6 set up side by side & the settings for ios, phone, wifi & mail Pop3 etc are identical but the iphone 6 will not receive email although it sends OK. (iPad also works correctly)
The iPhone 6 lower display goes through the motions of looking for mail but never finds any.
(Push & Fetch settings also identical on both phones)
As the 5 has been (is) reliable for a long time with all the settings and providers I dont suspect anything but the new phone.

Gmail does send & receive on all devices the problem is just with my POP3 account & iPhone6 receive email.

Thanks for looking

If you think the settings at your new iPhone are the reason for your problem, use this link to take a look at them:
Mail Settings Lookup - Apple Support

This will show the correct settings for your device.

POP 3 accounts were designed to work on one device only. Problems often appear when additional devices are added.

Gmail uses IMAP for it's settings, which is meant to sync between devices and should work without problems.

If you think the settings at your new iPhone are the reason for your problem, use this link to take a look at them:
Mail Settings Lookup - Apple Support

This will show the correct settings for your device.

POP 3 accounts were designed to work on one device only. Problems often appear when additional devices are added.

Gmail uses IMAP for it's settings, which is meant to sync between devices and should work without problems.

Thanks for replying, I dont think my settings are incorrect, they work perfectly well for my other devices and before that an iPhone 4S.

I tried disconnecting the other devices but havent tried removing email program itself from them as far as additional devices are concerned. Until the 6 is fully proved I dont want to reset and remove the 5 from iTunes.
Surely if iTunes accepts (which it does) three devices and allows synch between them that should be OK?

I've used POP3 on multiple devices for years with no issues. I've read that if an email setup on an iOS device doesn't work after setting it up, you can't just edit/modify and expect it to work. You need to completely delete that profile and then set it up again from scratch. I'd even do a hard reset between the delete and reentry. Try that and see if it helps. You wouldn't be out anything - it's not working as it is. Just be really careful in the setup. I've BTDT.

It's possible to modify settings on the iDevice and it's working again afterwards. I've done so a few times on my iPad.

The easier way to get something working again, is to delete the account in Settings and add it again. In most cases this will help solve the issues that appear.

You can sync more than two devices with iTunes, as far as I know.

Did you use the backup of your iPhone 5 to set up the new iPhone?

I can definitely state that you can sync more than three devices to iTunes on the same computer. I currently sync 10 iOS devices to iTunes on my computer.

did you see the confirmation checkmarks after the email settings were entered and verified?