What's new

Can't restrict cellular data for apps

muhammet.buba

Reaction score
Hi.
I'm using an Iphone 6 running the newest 8.4 ios. I'm going abroad in a few days so I wanted to setup my phone that the only apps using cellular data are Messages and Whatsapp. I toggled all the apps off in the cellular data settings. I even turned everything off in the notifications area to get rid of all the the push settings. Bu this isn't helping. I'm still receiving my e-mails with push. I get the notification for my email at the top. However when clicking on it, it launches Inbox app but I can't read the mail. Than it sais cellular data is off for this app. Which is true but it's still pushing new e-mails so cellular data for Inbox is still on?

Please help, I've been trying for hours..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436756411.640464.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436756443.568865.jpg

Take a look at Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Fetch New Data. If Push is enabled there. Disable it.
Then look at each account there as well, listed below, and make sure it's set to "Manual".
If necessary, also set "Fetch" to Manually (at the bottom).

Hope that helps.

Take a look at Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Fetch New Data. If Push is enabled there. Disable it.
Then look at each account there as well, listed below, and make sure it's set to "Manual".

Hope that helps.
That's what I've done myself and my mail account never updates until I open the mail app.

Hope that helps.

Thank you! It helped. You're great