What's new

Can't send emails with gmail but can receive on iPhone 6

After doing that, still get that [emoji115]and I'm like [emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone 6

I hoped this would work. Too bad!

Try resetting your iPhone. This won't receive settings or data.

To reset, press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both. Your device will power up on it's own.

And here's something else you could try:
In the additional outgoing server (smtp.gmail.com), change the Port from 587 to 25.

And I really appreciate all your effort. Reset it, and I have changed it to 25, still waiting as its still "verifying...

Sent from my iPhone 6

I will keep trying as it can't verify, I'm hoping it will finally work

Sent from my iPhone 6

If it doesn't verify after some time, delete the account and set it up again, using Google, as before. Then reset it the way I told you before.

That's all I can think of. If it still doesn't send, I don't know how else to help you. Sorry!

It's alright, thanks a lot for your effort. Will try that. If i win, i will let you know here

Sent from my iPhone 6

Does this happen only on wifi and only when on someone else's wifi network? Does it send on cellular service?

Thanks a lot for raising that point as I have found this upon testing. On wifi, it doesn't send emails, I use our university wifi for my phone, it gives the error that I will upload below. BUT it sends emails on cellular data, that means it's my wifi issue??? What to do next....

Sent from my iPhone 6

c2e6b201453617955b3bcd0679531755.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6

[emoji115]the error on wifi, but sends on cellular data

Sent from my iPhone 6