What's new

Email - outgoing mail box

TWK

Reaction score
Might I be the only one experiencing problems sending mail from an IMAP account via iPhone.?

The mail remains in the outbox and is unable to be sent. However, I understand the mail reaches it's intended destination but does not move into my sent items folder.

I will then receive 8-10 copies of the email in my inbox......

Settings are as per hosting site - only having these problems in the last couple of weeks. Could this be a bug / Trojan and if so, any advice on what to do?

Thanks

If you send an email and it doesn't immediately go thru, Check your outbox and if necessary send it from the outbox rather than trying to resend it from the original draft location.
But, no, I have an imap account and have never had exactly what you stated. I have, however, had to occasionally do I I suggested to you. I hope that info is helpful.

Additionally to bear7962's suggestion:
If you experience problems with an email account, removing the account completely and setting it up again often helps.

If you send an email and it doesn't immediately go thru, Check your outbox and if necessary send it from the outbox rather than trying to resend it from the original draft location.
But, no, I have an imap account and have never had exactly what you stated. I have, however, had to occasionally do I I suggested to you. I hope that info is helpful.
Thanks for your help - unfortunately, this doesn't seem to resolve the problem. I have also removed / reinstalled the account but alas no luck here either.