What's new

Trouble sending mail on 3Gs

ndegoey

Reaction score
I have been having an ongoing issue when sending mail on my phone. I have both an iCloud email and my work email. They are set up as IMAP accounts. Both receive mail with no issues.

There are two problems I'm dealing with. One is that my work email sometimes returns an error message that says something like 'message failed to send. A copy has been placed in your outbox'. Sometimes when this happens, the mail has not sent, and it sits there in my outbox like a lump. Sometimes it sends repeatedly over and over again until I turn my phone to airplane mode and delete the message!! As you can imagine, this can be a bit embarrassing when sending for work.

With my iCloud mail, I am not aware of the multiple sending problem, but it will also sometimes not send, and sit in my outbox for hours.

I haven't been able to discover whether there are predictable outside circumstances causing this (ie, is it only when I am on wifi, or only on 3G etc)... Seems not to matter. Sometimes happens at home, sometimes on the go.

Anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing this??

Thanks in advance!

Oh, should say I am on 3Gs, iOS 5.0, but this is not a new problem. Happened before upgrade as well. Did NOT happen with gmail when I used that prior to iCloud.