What's new

Email Sending

epic1202

Reaction score
I have a new iPhone 4S. It seems to have a mind of its own sending emails. I do not know if it is the phone, AT&T or my email provider, Time Warner Road Runner. I know the email settings are correct as "sometimes" it does send email immediately. Other times it just sends it to the Out Box, eventually during the day it decides to send it. I thought it was my home WiFi but it acts up with the AT&T 3G network. I get messages like, " The mail server pop-server.twcny.rr.com is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail Settings" and "A copy has been placed in your Outbox. The sender address [email protected] was regected by the server". It is an annoying problem that I did not have with the older model iPhone. Wish I knew where the blame belongs. Any ideas for a fix?

I believe Time Warner Cable has given me a fix for the outgoing email problem. It does work. The new Outgoing Server is mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com. The Port is still 587 and the SSL is still OFF. It sounds generic to any TWC users. It does work fine on mine now. Actually can send emails outside my home Wifi